Political economy, Quantitative finance, Financial markets, Innovation & entrepreneurship, Innovation & strategic management: discover here the practical and intensive one-year postgraduat...
American Chamber of Commerce in Belgium VZW/ASBL
The American Chamber of Commerce in Belgium (AmCham Belgium) is one of the largest and most influential business organizations in the country. Founded in 1948, it has around 500 members who together strive for a more competitive and prosperous Belgium. AmCham Belgium is an independent non-profit organization. In addition to US companies in Belgium, our members include local and other international businesses operating in the country.
As an Administrative Assistant at AmCham Belgium, you will manage the day-to-day office administration and support AmCham Belgium’s services to its member community.
AmCham Belgium is a non-profit membership organization and one of the largest and most influential business organizations in the country. Founded in 1948, we have around 450 members who together strive for a more competitive and prosperous Belgium. We do this by representing our members in the public debate and by organizing all kinds of events to offer networking opportunities and a platform to share knowledge, best practices and issues affecting our members.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Ensure that the office runs smoothly by acting as primary point of contact for suppliers (including but not limited to landlord, IT services, supplies and equipment), ensuring that all required infrastructure and materials are on hand and functioning, and keeping supplier contacts up to date.
- Monitoring the Chamber’s hardware (computers, printers, etc) and software (cloud applications), coordinating as appropriate with the team on maintenance or implementation of new devices/software.
- Act as the initial point of contact for member and non-member inquiries through e-mail, phone and physical visitors.
- Maintaining and enriching data on all AmCham Belgium systems (knowledge center, SugarCRM, supplier lists, key information).
- Assist on long-term office operations projects, such as the 2021 office move.
- Assist on, and in the long term manage, administrative tasks relating to member and event invoicing, including issuing invoices, payment collection and updating client accounting information.
- Work together with the rest of the team to ensure a member-focused approach and the best delivery of services to our members, including through support on events
YOUR EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- This position would be ideal for a new graduate or junior professional eager to develop their experience within a member organization.
- You have 1-3 years of working experience in an administrative role
- You have experience working with members and/or customers, including dealing with enquiries on the telephone and in writing.
- You ideally have experience in accounting/finance, or have the desire to learn.
- Fluency in French and/or Dutch (written and spoken) with an excellent knowledge of English is a must.
- You are tech-savvy and familiar with Microsoft Office applications and able to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly.
- You have proven organizational skills, including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- You work well both within a team and independently, have the ability to communicate progress to others and take responsibility for your tasks
- Like our mascot the bald eagle, you pay great attention to detail and accuracy.
AMCHAM BELGIUM TEAM
Reporting to the Office Manager, you will be working in a dedicated and international team with their own specialization and interests. You will report to the Office Manager.
- A 6 months full-time contract, leading to a permanent contract and the opportunity to develop your work experience and career.
- The opportunity to attend our events, where you will find inspiration and the chance to meet and interact with our high-level business and political contacts.
- The tools you need to do your job right, including working with new cloud applications like O365, SugarCRM, Exact, NetResults.
- Room to develop your professional skills and have a key role on office administration projects.
- An office in the heart of EU Quarter so there's plenty to do when you're not at work.
WHEN AND HOW YOU WILL APPLY
- Deadline is COB Wednesday September 18, 2019. However we reserve the right to make a recruitment decision before the deadline.
- Please send us your cover letter and CV in English and in the format ‘LAST NAME First name’ by email with the subject line “Application Administrative Assistant – LAST NAME First name”. Please do not include a photo in your CV or cover letter.
- Please let us know where you saw this position advertised, as well as your availability. We would like the chosen candidate to start as soon as possible.
- We are only able to consider candidates who are already based in Belgium (with valid employment documents, if not an EU citizen)
- While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Articles you may want to read
Solvay's Advanced Masters: a boost for your career
- English: excellent
- French: good
- Dutch: good