Almost graduated? Or are you already working and in need of change? Then of course you have to look for a new job! Often, reading online vacancies is not enough to really assess what the job entail...
Applications Engineer Fan Drivers at Melexis
At Melexis, we believe in engineering with a purpose. Our passion for technology has made us one of the four world leaders in automotive semiconductor sensors.
In today’s demanding, highly competitive world, it can be a challenge to balance personal and professional success. Connecting these two worlds is important to everyone. We put an emphasis on learning and development dedicated to both personal and professional ambitions.
Working at Melexis means working with innovative, enthusiastic colleagues. With over 1,400 people in more than 14 different countries around the world, Melexis is rapidly growing. This means we are constantly looking for motivated colleagues who want to join our team.
Your future job
As an Applications Engineer for the fan drivers product line, you will build strong technical expertise on brushless motor control, both in consumer as well as in automotive applications, and work in a close collaboration with the Development organisation, and account managers. You are part of a global business unit team with a strong focus on our customers success, as foundation of the productlines growth path.
More specifically, you will:
- Define in close collaboration with the development team next generation fan drivers, and applications specific variants
- Develop validation setups and customer demo’s, including Hardware, aswell as software
- Do extensive black box application validation tests on the new releasedproducts. Produce high quality reports based on your 360 degree view,with in depth understanding of the relevance for IC design, fan, andsystem level, with the right balance between efficiency and thecomprehensiveness, needed for decision making
- Work close with market leading customers in Europe, and support thelocal teams in Asia and US, both in consumer as well as in the automotiveindustry
- Generate clear application notes on the products and presentationmaterial. provide technical training to the Melexis Sales force and tocustomers to facilitate the promotion and design activities at distributorcustomer
- Support the Quality department in analyzing the quality problem in theapplication to get the customer return solved
- Analyze competitor products and patents, and develop the Melexis IPbased on understanding of the long term product development roadmap
- You hold an Engineering master degree in an electronic or microelectronic field
- A first experience in the semiconductor industry is a plus
- Advanced technical expertise at the application level
- Good understanding of the functions of the Integrated Circuit (IC) design at block level
- Effective communication skills in English
- Ability to communicate difficult technical issues in a simple and clear way
- Ready for business travel up to 10%
- a challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- the opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- an enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- versatile development opportunities
A goal-oriented performer focuses on finding solutions and achieving goals. In a group, the employee tends to focus on what needs to happen in the short-term.
A visionary/strategist has a clear vision for the future and the direction in which one must go. In a team, the employee takes on tasks that the group has to critically examine with respect to long-term relevance.
In this job, the employee is often busy optimizing products or processes. This requires a healthy dose of creativity and imagination. The employee is challenged and must step out of his or her comfort zone frequently. A dynamic and constantly evolving environment, with its varying tasks and expectations, requires the employee to have a healthy entrepreneurial spirit.
In this job, you have a lot of contacts. It is important that the employee can empathize with the ideas and sensitivities of others. As a result of his or her work, the employee will see the final product or the end service provided and can be meaningful for people outside of the organization.