Political economy, Quantitative finance, Financial markets, Innovation & entrepreneurship, Innovation & strategic management: discover here the practical and intensive one-year postgraduat...
BUSINESS CONSULTANT KMO/PME
Everybody who starts at Deloitte gets extensive induction training during the first week. Throughout your career, we expect you to focus on continuous learning and coaching-on-the-job. In order to facilitate your development as a Consultant, a clear and transparent learning path is elaborated, focusing both on technical and soft skills and allowing you to obtain several professional qualifications. At Deloitte, you will see a lot of different clients and projects, allowing you to combine these experiences and share them with your colleagues or convert them into innovative proposals for upcoming projects.
Other trainings you will receive as a Consultant are basic and advanced coaching, presentation and interviewing skills, professional service excellence and many more.
As a Business Consultant KMO/PME you will be part of a multidisciplinary team of Consultants and Accountants. This way, we can deal with the many needs of the family-owned business we work for. These needs vary from strategic consultancy on both a business and IT level to the implementation of business technology like business intelligence and financial software. You will provide support to our clients so they can grow towards a more mature organisation and administration. With a hands-on approach, you will communicate with and give advise directly to the CEO/business owner at the client’s side.
You will work in a small team with more senior colleagues for clients in the KMO/PME market.
As the trusted business partner of your client, you will learn to:
* provide a helicopter view on the client’s business processes;
* analyse the current situation and translate the clients’ needs into concrete solutions and conduct the needed implementations, using tools such as Excel, Power Pivot, QlikView and SQL;
* bring a good mix of finance, accounting, management, technology and general consulting skills.
As you grow in your job, you will take on a more senior role, and you will have the opportunity to learn how to delegate tasks and how to coach your colleagues. When you get more proficient in combining these various skill sets, you may take the lead on projects, deal with clients on a senior level on more strategic matters, and continue to develop your management competencies. You will be able to develop a clear vision for the direction of the client in relation to both information technology and the business.
* You are passionate about family-owned business and are willing to build a long term relationship with your clients;
* You are a strong communicator, analytical, proactive and know how to tackle a problem;
* You adapt yourself easily to changing circumstances;
* You are result-oriented and quality-driven;
* You have good social, communication and presentation skills;
* You are able and willing to work independently, though have a healthy dose of team spirit;
* You show a keen interest in technological developments;
* A financial background and proficiency in Excel, Power Pivot, SQL and Qlikview is an asset;
* You are fluent in Dutch and English and have a good working knowledge in French.
Your educational background:
You have a Bachelor and/or Master in (Applied) Economics, Industrial, Commercial or Civil Engineering, Management, Information Technology, Finance or another Business related degree.
* A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
* Opportunities for learning where needed ;
* An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
Articles you may want to read
Solvay's Advanced Masters: a boost for your career