Consulting has many facets. We have identified several types of consulting and tried to explain them as clearly as possible so that this sector has no more secrets for you!
Customer Support Engineer - Bachelor/Master
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you’ll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You’ll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
Cisco continuously evaluates potential sites for support operations around the world in an effort to understand the available capabilities and resources offered in particular countries. As part of these activities, Cisco has established a center in Belgium, to support customers across its Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia region. Cisco Belgium is looking for outgoing, early-in-career individuals who have a passion for technology to join our technical support team as a Customer Support Engineer (CSE), some of the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Internet technologies. In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain.
If you are willing to develop your career in this cutting-edge technology environment, you enjoy working in a multicultural and multinational organization and wish to intensely learn and acquire new skills and competencies; we sincerely encourage you to place your application for the position of Customer Support Engineer.
The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge and specialize. This is a great opportunity for someone with perseverance, an empathetic view of the customer and good customer relationship management skills to hone their skills and advance their career by providing value to customers in the form of current and future type of post-sale services.
- Works for worldwide customers within his own team or with other Cisco teams to solve problems and enhance future products with senior engineer supervision
- Solves reported product and network problems of moderate complexity
- Effectively utilizes databases of existing issues, debugging tools and simple or moderate lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Provides basic systems/product training and intellectual property material
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest technology products in order to provide a high quality support in current and future types of support services
- Must be able to legally live and work in Belgium, without visa support or sponsorship from Cisco
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar)
- Good technical foundation in networking (CCNA equivalent knowledge)
- Other technology or product knowledge, experience or certifications in the following areas are a plus: voice, security, routing, switching, Network Management, Microsoft, Linux
- Ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing
- Passion and demonstrated ability to learn and work in a multicultural team environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team in order to achieve common goals
- Analytical skills
Are You ready for the Challenge?
Cisco are always looking to identify talented people. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job right now, however it is highly likely we will in the future. If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your details and CV or resume against this requisition so that when a suitable vacancy arises a Cisco representative can contact you directly.
We will complement your existing technical knowledge through classroom and on the job trainings and coaching in the initial months, followed by a gradual integration into the role. Ongoing technical training as well as a range of development opportunities and an attractive compensation package are also waiting for you. You can reach high at Cisco!
- English: excellent