Almost graduated? Or are you already working and in need of change? Then of course you have to look for a new job! Often, reading online vacancies is not enough to really assess what the job entail...
EHS Technician Distribution Center
Tenneco Inc. (NYSE: TEN) is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and distributors of clean air and ride performance products and systems for the automotive, commercial truck and off-highway markets and the aftermarket. The company is well-balanced across end-markets, geographic regions, customers, product lines and vehicle platforms.
Using a combination of leading-edge technology, manufacturing expertise and dedication to customer service, Tenneco has increased revenues to $8.2 billion annually and penetrated new markets to solidify its leadership in the global supplier industry. Our global team is aligned and focused on executing plans to accelerate growth and drive cost leadership.
This position provides environmental, health, and safety leadership to the site. Individual is accountable for supporting EHS activities within the Distribution Center at his/her location(s) including: EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements, and; ensuring documents are available in the local languages. Position is responsible for: appropriate site ISO/OHSAS certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of EHS and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; supporting actions during crises; site security, creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
(S)he will report to the Distribution Center Manager.
- Manages site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and division EHS strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Works to assign EHS element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the EHS elements.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team and EHS element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Tenneco’s EHS program as world class.
- Uses established EHS data processes such as AEGIS to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Manages the following site facilitators/coordinators (as applicable): BBS facilitator, Ergonomic coordinator, and EMSEC coordinator, waste water treatment operator(s), and waste management clerk.
- Minimum a bachelor degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent; or a bachelor degree in Logistics with at least a first experience in EHS.
- Certificate of Prevention Advisor level 2 is strong plus.
- Comprehension of industry (logistics), state, and country EHS requirements.
- Strong team-building skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Adapt at utilization of company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
- Ability to lead support cross-functional EHS teams
- Proficiency in local languages (Dutch)
- Must have clear communication and writing skills in English
- Competitive salary
- Meal vouchers
- Holidays: 10 bank holidays, 20 legal vacation days and 15 work time reduction days.
- Belgian extra legal benefit plans (extra legal pension, life insurance, disability insurance, hospitalization insurance and accidental insurance).
- Flexible Reward Plan: Tenneco offers the possibility to create your own compensation package, tailored to your needs, and to do a tax optimization. Depending on your situation, this can be a lease car, lease bike, supplementary health insurance dental care, reimbursement of individual pension saving, supplementary child benefit and/ or reimbursement of internet costs. The choice to participate is entirely voluntary.
A helicopter maintains oversight and can determine the fastest road to success. In a group, they do not lose sight of the long-term goal.
A planner ensures efficiency and effectiveness when achieving short-term goals. In a group, the employee focuses on the way in which the goal must be achieved.
In this job, the employee must closely follow procedures, agreements, or work methods. There is a clear job description and the employee often receives feedback about his or her performance by means of structured consultation. The employee primarily has contact within the organization and contact is informal in nature.
In this job, it is important to continue training. This allows the employee to further develop and for career opportunities to materialize—both within the position, as well as toward another position. There is a lot of freedom in the order in which the tasks can be performed.
Articles you may want to read
Job Events: a guidebook
- Dutch: excellent
- English: good