IE University embraces all challenges as an opportunity for growth—and encourages their students to do the same. Located in the heart of Madrid, the dynamic institution never sits still, providing ...
FEAST Assistant - NOC-IANS-2017-FGII/083 (1 post)
EUROCONTROL is an intergovernmental organisation with 41 Member and 2 Comprehensive Agreement States. We are committed to building, together with our partners, a Single European Sky that will deliver the air traffic management (ATM) performance required for the twenty-first century and beyond.
DIRECTORATE / SERVICE
Brussels (Beligum) - Institute of Air Navigation Services (IANS)/Training/Training Support & Tools (NMD/TRG/TST)
Function Group II – Grades 4/5
ROLE OF THE NETWORK MANAGER DIRECTORATE & INSTITUTE OF AIR NAVIGATION SERVICES (NMD TRAINING DIVISION)
The Network Manager Directorate (NMD) coordinates network management functions relating to network planning and operations and to the pan-European deployment of operational and technical improvements including SESAR-related enhancements. It provides support to deployment activities, management of network operations and to related network technical systems. In addition, NMD delivers ANSP/FAB support services and ATM Training and it monitors the network management contribution to the performance targets of Single European Sky (SES).
EUROCONTROL’s Institute of Air Navigation Services (IANS), which is part of NMD, delivers unique high-quality training courses, tools and services in air traffic management (ATM) to various actors in the aviation community. One of these products is FEAST (First European ATCO Selection Test). The FEAST Service makes available to civil and military Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) a management tool for use in the recruitment and selection of Air Traffic Control students candidates.
The post holder will carry out the tasks under the guidance of the FEAST Service assistant and a senior psychologist depending on the area of expertise. S/he will:
- - support and participate in the day-to-day activities of the FEAST Service, including regular support to FEAST customers (i.e. help-desk activities);
- - provide support to the FEAST team on studies, statistics, etc. including further development of the FEAST test system;
- - update and maintain FEAST documentation: user manuals, administration guide, working papers, admin procedures, database of FEAST users and interested users;
- - monitor the integrity and completeness of FEAST data, reporting missing data or irregularities, etc.
- - provide a regular extraction of statistical information from the database regarding the status of FEAST testing activities and to process data using a statistical software package (SPSS);
- - conduct quality assurance checks on the integrity of the FEAST test system (e.g. follow-up on systems upgrade);
- - assist with the preparation of FEAST training courses;
- - perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- - Post-secondary education attested by a diploma in a relevant subject (psychology).
- - Professional training in a similar field will be considered an advantage.
- - Minimum 1 year relevant experience (e.g. selection testing, providing support; processing information, replying to queries, etc.).
- - Experience with Office applications, in particular Excel.
- - Knowledge of FEAST would be an advantage.
- - Interest in selection and testing tools.
- - Knowledge of SPSS.
- - Analytical thinking: Breaks down problems
- - Communication: Organises and expresses information and ideas effectively
- - Result focus: Strives to meet work expectations
- - Flexibility: Adapts one’s behaviour to changes in tasks and environment.
- - Quality focus: Delivers quality work
- - Professional conduct in line with corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result- driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team player approach.
- - Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- - The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this post, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) is required. Knowledge of French is required to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties.
- - An initial selection will be made by a Selection Committee on the basis of the candidates' qualifications and experience. Thereafter, those candidates considered suitable may be invited to assessment and interviews.
- - Candidates should apply on-line by answering the 2 questions of the on-line form, and attaching a curriculum vitae, preferably the Europass CV, and a covering letter in pdf format of 500 KB maximum.
- - Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. Agency staff subject to the Staff Regulations governing officials, the General Conditions of Employment governing servants at the Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, or the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff are considered internal candidates. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- - The selected candidate will be offered a contract of one year pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being confirmed in the post, he/she will be required to work probationary period of 9 months.
- - This notice may be used for the recruitment of similar posts, for a period of one year following the establishment of the reserve list.
- - The selected candidate will be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised job bracket.
- - The generic post is: Clerical Assistant
- - Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://www.eurocontrol.int/articles/what-we-offer
- - This competition is published on 27/09/2017 the closing date is 25/10/2017.
Articles you may want to read
IE University: an educational ecosystem that thrives on challenges
3 MSC students from IESEG win the Deloitte 2020 Young Women Challenge
At the end of March, three MSc students from IÉSEG, Mejda AGREBI (MSc Business Analysis & Consulting), Nour JAIT (MSc International Business) and Sara FAYSSE (MSc International Business), took ...
- English: good
- French: good