We are back with our second ask the recruiter blog post.
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
IBA : opening new ways in the fight against cancer.
IBA is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy. The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including IBA’s leading fully integrated IntegraLab® radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
Headquartered in Belgium and employing more than 1,000 people worldwide, IBA currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
As a Field Service Engineer you work inside a team of polyvalent engineers which is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of IBA equipment that produce isotopes, both on customers’ sites as on IBA’s premises.
You deliver a final reliable working product, matching quality, performance and customer satisfaction requirements within defined timelines. To achieve your mission you will:
* Install equipment accordingly to the defined planning, timelines and operating processes;
* Debug any problem occurring and inform the Development Team accordingly;
* Test equipment in compliance with specifications;
* Maintain equipment according to the maintenance schedule, and take all necessary actions in order to repair equipment when needed;
* Operate the installed site and the equipment or systems on daily basis;
* Train IBA’s customers to properly and safely use equipment. You advise them about available spare parts and upgrades;
* Document and report any interventions with the required level of details and accuracy
The ideal candidate:
* Holds a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Industrial Electronics or Electro-mechanics Engineering;
* Is willing to travel at least 50% of working time, including during week-ends;
* Has excellent problem solving skills;
* Works in a hands-on and pragmatic manner;
* Has good organization skills;
* Is eager to take initiatives;
* Is a very good team player;
* Has strong communication skills and masters English
IBA offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer. Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
IBA offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment. You have real possibilities to evolve within IBA's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer IBA is committed to a diverse workforce.
Articles you may want to read
Ask the recruiter: Board of innovation