Almost graduated? Or are you already working and in need of change? Then of course you have to look for a new job! Often, reading online vacancies is not enough to really assess what the job entail...
Toyota Motor Europe
Graduate Weld Shop Project Engineer manufacturing plant in Valenciennes - FRANCE
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
- VPE Body Assembly team. This team is a group of engineers responsible for preparing Body assembly equipment for the introduction of new models and technologies at each Toyota European Manufacturing Centre (EMC).
- Process design and planning using Toyota Production system knowledge and 3D Tools.
- The coordination of new equipment introduction including, specification, procurement, installation and commissioning.
- The coordination of modifications to existing production equipment including specification, design, procurement, installation and commissioning.
- The planning and coordination of production trials during which, ‘equipment & process safety’, ‘equipment & process productivity’, ‘body quality’ and ‘dimensional accuracy’ will be confirmed.
Engineers are given the appropriate elements of the project to be directly responsible for. TME VPE is committed to developing and training all members of the engineering team to allow them to achieve the challenging targets set.
Place of employment:
- The engineer position is based at the TME French Branch Office, located at Toyota Motor manufacturing France, Parc d’Activites de la Vallee de I’Escaut Sud , BP 16 59264 Onnaing, France.
- For the first 6 months of the job you will be working on process planning for the next TMMF Model change. Therefore you will be required to spend approximately 30% of your time at TME Vehicle PE Head office which is located at Toyota Technical Centre, Brussels, Belgium. During this period you will receive training and development using 3D systems, whilst working on process planning for the next full model change at TMMF.
- Also during part of the first 12 months development you will be required to do short business trips to TMUK to gain experience of the Toyota New Generation Architecture (TNGA) vehicle being introduced at TMUK.
- After the initial 12 months project work will be based at TMMF from 2019-2020.
- As well as Toyota Motor Manufacturing France (TMMF) other Toyota European Manufacturing centers (EMCs) are located in the UK (TMUK), Turkey (TMMT), Russia (TMR-SP) and the Czech Republic (TPCA). The TME VPE team have project involvement in all of the listed EMCs. Therefore there will be a requirement for business trips and international assignments to these locations in the future.
- You are a career starter (less than 18 months of experience excluding internships)
- OR You have around 1 years of experience in Production Process design and planning
- You are self-motivated with the drive to independently resolve problems.
- You have ideally experience of 3D CAD software and ability to read engineering drawings
- You have experience with welding equipment and manufacturing processes (a plus but not critical)
- You possess good communication skills and teamwork orientated.
- You’re flexible to travel frequently to other EMCs and TMC on business trips and international assignments
- You are fluent in English (TME business language)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- have strong planning and organization skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
- have excellent communication skills
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
Articles you may want to read
Job Events: a guidebook
Solvay's Advanced Masters: a boost for your career
Political economy, Quantitative finance, Financial markets, Innovation & entrepreneurship, Innovation & strategic management: discover here the practical and intensive one-year postgraduat...
- English: excellent
- French: good