Robbe is 23 years old and graduated as a civil engineering. During his studies he specialized in industrial engineering and operations research, a relatively new civil engineering master at the Uni...
Information Security officer
The IT Centre EMEA is the headquarter for IT solutions within the Daikin group including all subsidiary companies in the EMEA-region (about 20 sales affiliates and 5 main factories). The IT Centre consists out of 3 departments: IT Planning, IT Development and IT Infrastructure. The vacancy is situated in the IT Risk and Compliance section, part of the IT Planning department. You will work primarily together with 2 colleagues in the Information security domain. Daikin is promoting M & A and alliances in order to expand business, and the importance of globally standardized IT governance and security management is rising. In addition, business (Sales, Service, Manufacturing) takes more and more initiatives to develop IT systems, such as development of energy management and environmental measures solutions that utilize IoT and cloud technologies. As a consequence, the importance of security management has increased
Daikin Europe is looking for an Information Security Officer for its EMEA IT Centre in Ostend. As Information Security Officer, you will assist senior management in developing an information security vision and strategy that is aligned to organizational priorities and enables and facilitates Daikin’s business objectives.
As an Information Security Officer you are responsible for defining and maintaining (part of) the information security program. Moreover you’ll be responsible for identifying, evaluating and reporting on legal, IT and cybersecurity risks to information assets. We are at the early stage of the setup of an Information security governance structure that will be spread over all divisions and all group companies (embedded in a worldwide governance structure). With the team, you also need to ensure that information systems are build, maintained and operated in a secure mode, compliant with legal, internal rules and contractual obligations. Exact (scope of) responsibilities will be in function of your exact experience and skills.
After an introduction to the company, and more specifically the IT organization and our current IT architecture, your main challenges will be:
- Assist in setting-up an Information security governance structure and control practices beyond the IT Centre EMEA’s own system scope .
- Defining Information security policies and development guidelines.
- Setting-up a reporting structure to inform senior management on our Information security status and upcoming risks.
- Create and manage a targeted information security awareness training program for all employees, contractors, internal and external system development parties
- You will follow latest IT technology, with a focus on IT compliance and security.
- You have a master degree (Informatics, Economist, Engineer, Law or equal).
- You have experience with similar function or at least responsible function in the IT security area.
- You have the skill to balance data protection and business objectives and are able to reach a consensus about the correct IT security level with acceptable risk.
- You work accurately with an eye for details with IT colleagues but you are also able to communicate clearly on high level with business senior management.
- You have the necessary self-discipline to define your own job and planning.
- You have communicative skills in English and Dutch.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
More info about the company
TESTIMONIAL: Robbe, a graduate civil engineer, started his career at Daikin
International Traineeship at Daikin: Arne shares his experience !
Arne is working at Daikin in the International Key Account department! He travels a lot around Europe to talk to big international customers and capture their real needs! Arne first started as a tr...
- English: good