IE University embraces all challenges as an opportunity for growth—and encourages their students to do the same. Located in the heart of Madrid, the dynamic institution never sits still, providing ...
BNP Paribas Fortis
IT Java Software Developer
BNP Paribas Fortis is the bank for a changing world, and is determined to reinvent itself to be the bank of the future. Choosing us means joining a company that suits you, gives you what you want and matches your vision and beliefs.
Have you been bitten by the Java-development bug? And do you enjoy performing sprints as part of an Agile team? In that case, you may be the IT wizard (m/f/x) we need to bring our digital ambitions to life. You’ll contribute to innovations that benefit millions of clients.
As a Java developer, you’ll be joining a team of enthusiastic developers. Together, you develop applications for a fast-changing IT landscape: an exciting and versatile challenge!
- You design, develop and maintain high-value, reusable and reliable software applications.
- You identify and correct any sticking points and iron out any bugs.
- You launch new functionalities.
- You stand guard over code quality, organisation and automation.
- You’re the physical embodiment of the scrum values: involvement, focus, openness and respect, with a good dose of courage to boot.
- You’re inquisitive and driven—and you’re always on the ball.
- You thrive in a team environment, happily sharing your knowledge and insights.
- You are quick to make connections and dare to question everything that deserves to be questioned.
- You pair your degree in Computer Sciences or IT with up to three years of work experience.
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch or French, and great English skills.
You know your way around:
- Java and object-oriented programming;
- Domain-driven design;
- Software design patterns.
- Relational databases
You’ll have the opportunity to learn (if needed) and work with:
- Test-Driven Development;
- Spring, Maven and RESTful APIs;
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery;
- SVN/Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, Confluence, JIRA;
- Docker and Kubernetes;
- NoSQL databases like Cassandra
By choosing us, you get:
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 per cent).
Your future workplace:
BNP Paribas Fortis is the largest bank in Belgium. We develop ingenious banking technologies to offer our clients continuously tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives. We are and will always be the bank for a changing world.
Ready for the challenge?
Apply now! We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!
Articles you may want to read
IE University: an educational ecosystem that thrives on challenges
3 MSC students from IESEG win the Deloitte 2020 Young Women Challenge
At the end of March, three MSc students from IÉSEG, Mejda AGREBI (MSc Business Analysis & Consulting), Nour JAIT (MSc International Business) and Sara FAYSSE (MSc International Business), took ...