Almost graduated? Or are you already working and in need of change? Then of course you have to look for a new job! Often, reading online vacancies is not enough to really assess what the job entail...
Nu Skin Enterprises
IT Service Desk Specialist
Nu Skin Enterprises is a growing US based company, quoted on the New York Stock Exchange.
At Nu Skin Enterprises we are in business to be a force for good throughout the world. We accomplish this by creating and selling exceptional anti-ageing personal care products and nutritional supplements. We provide rewarding direct sales business opportunities and support distributors, shareholders, consumers and employees in ways that improve their quality of life. We offer a positive, uplifting work environment in which each person is supported in fulfilling his/her potential. We are a dynamic, international company with a rich diversity of cultures and nationalities represented in our staff.
The Service desk Specialist provides IT support to the various business departments in the EMEA region. In this role you will report to the IT Manager and have the following responsibilities:
* Ensure customer satisfaction by delivering excellent Tier 1 support: troubleshoot technical cases in an effective manner to achieve a solution in due time without escalation.
* Work closely with the Tier 2 and development groups in case of more complex requests or needs: assist in handling Tier 2 support items and escalations when needed (ensure follow up and communication to end-users)
* Establish and manage customer expectations to maximize end-user productivity: communicate timely, efficient and with the right channels
* Ensure swift and smooth IT processes by:
--> Managing the Helpdesk case-logging system together with your team members (pick up requests pro-actively)
--> Encouraging a correct usage of IT tools and processes
--> Keeping IT documentation up to date
* Assist other Service desk Specialists and Tier 2/Developments teams in their project work
* Ensure up-to-date local hardware inventory and maintenance
* Monitor Global infrastructure and services during EMEA opening hours
* Bachelor degree in IT is required
* A first experience is considered a plus
* Profound knowledge of Windows 7 and 8 as well as the common office applications/tools (f.e. MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint)
* Database experience is required
* Networking environment experience is required (Network and Principles)
* Experience with SAP and phone systems (preferably Avaya) are considered a plus
* Profound knowledge of English is a must, both written and verbal. Any other European language is considered a plus
* You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills: you are able to build up solid relationships with colleagues and external parties
* You are a dedicated team player and you are very service-oriented
* You are proactive and an independent worker
* You possess strong organizational and time management skills
* You are able to organize your personal workload
* You are able to work in an international environment (different cultures, languages, currencies, etc.)
* You are willing to work flexible hours as appropriate
* You are willing to travel within the EMEA region and overseas (US based HQ) as appropriate
A challenging opportunity in a dynamic company where you will work close to the business, have international contacts and have exposure to other Nu Skin departments, and where you are able to contribute to the development of a successful IT team.
Articles you may want to read
Job Events: a guidebook
Solvay's Advanced Masters: a boost for your career
Political economy, Quantitative finance, Financial markets, Innovation & entrepreneurship, Innovation & strategic management: discover here the practical and intensive one-year postgraduat...