Almost graduated? Or are you already working and in need of change? Then of course you have to look for a new job! Often, reading online vacancies is not enough to really assess what the job entail...
International School of Brussels
IT Technician (m/f – full-time)
The International School of Brussels is a dynamic learning organization committed to developing independent learners and international citizens. The school is a vibrant community in which students, teacher, staff and parents work together towards the achievement of its mission and goals.
The IT Department team provides a range of services that ensure and support high quality learning in every area of the school. As a member of the multi-skilled IT team, the IT technician provides end-user support and helps to maintain PC’s and tablet PC’s, as well as assisting the network manager in maintaining network hardware and software systems.
- Execute daily assigned job list
- Communicate/Report to the IT Head Of Operations in case of technical issues
- Communicate status of jobs to the IT Coordinator on a daily basis
- Solve end-user problems quickly and completely
- Solve PC hardware and software problems quickly and completely
Support and maintain these specific systems:
- PCs and Tablet PC hardware
- MS Windows And Mac operating systems
- IOS 10/11
- MS Office suite
- Administrative and educational desktop applications
Network Infrastructure Support
Assist the IT Head Operations and IT Director in maintaining the network
Provide appropriate oral and written feedback to end-users and IT Department colleagues to ensure the effective coordination of IT Department efforts:
- Coordinate end-user support with the IT Coordinator and IT Head of Operations
- Provide clear and timely reporting to the IT Head of Operations, IT Coordinator
- Maintain appropriate documentation of procedures and configurations
- Proactively expand and strengthens IT expertise to ensure that new technologies can be effectively managed. Research and master new technologies as part of the day to day job. Attend professional training courses.
- Conduct continuous research (WSUS, internet, forum, books, etc…) on new technologies and update documentation software (“SAM”) in order to increase awareness and share practices with IT colleagues.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Expert knowledge of PC hardware and peripherals
- Expert knowledge of all Windows desktop and MAC OS
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office Suite and G Suite
- Proficient in PC\MAC management and cloning systems and concepts
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts, including, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, Qos, switches, and hubs
- Basic knowledge of Windows 2012\2016 servers
- Basic knowledge of proxy server concepts
- Proficient in Web filtering
- Ability to communicate clearly in English in writing and
verbally (operational language of the school).
- Computer Science Degree, engineering or relevant field
- Certification from Microsoft or other preferred
- Prior exposure to an (international) school environment
- Hands-on, can-do attitude
- Accurate, detail-oriented
- Pleasant disposition with a team spirit, flexible.
- Organized person with common sense, able to priorize
As a top-tier school, ISB offers its Faculty and Staff world-class compensation packages based on periodically updated external peer benchmarking. Its Human Resources policies, pay scales and benefits are made available in complete transparency to all members of its community.
Articles you may want to read
Job Events: a guidebook
Solvay's Advanced Masters: a boost for your career
Political economy, Quantitative finance, Financial markets, Innovation & entrepreneurship, Innovation & strategic management: discover here the practical and intensive one-year postgraduat...