We are back with our second ask the recruiter blog post.
Junior Buyer (M/F)-Automotive Industry
FYTE is a brand of Morgan Philips specialized in permanent recruitment for entry level executives and employees in Belgium.
On behalf of our client, a major player in the automotive sector worldwide, we are recruiting a Junior Buyer (M/F).
As such you will be supporting and reporting to the Purchasing manager of current and potential key suppliers from a strategic point of view, you will be in charge of meeting corporate objectives, supporting European Manufacturing Plants and following company policy and vision.
* Your introduce and manage contacts with current and potentials suppliers in order to keep or set up an excellent collaboration in terms of quality and price.
* You are regularly in contact and insure a good communication with colleagues across Europe and with the Headquarters in Asia.Therefore, you understand cleary they requirements and expectations.
* You prospect and visit potential suppliers. Moreover, you keep the database of european suppliers up-to-date. That way you will be able to introduce new suppliers to european plan during specific kick-off meetings.
* You are responsible for negociating purshacing conditions and introducing new suppliers after all detail negociations to the Purshacing Manager
* Your ensure quotation and technical requests are followed by suppliers properly
* You participate and co-operate at the internal and external audits
* You own a master degree-University level or equivalent (technical – mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic)
* You have a first working experience in automotive OEM market or cars related business
* You have a first Purchasing activity experience. Ideally, you have basic competences in or knowledge of business processes, sales, R&D, manufacturing, logistics, purchasing.
* You Understand various machining processes; welding, bending, sintering, grinding, bar turning
* A huge affinity or first experience related to Japanese business culture is crucial for this key role.
* You are a good communicator at all levels, persuasive and negotiator, team worker and Self-motivated as well as dead-line oriented.
* You master strandard written and spoken English. An additional language is a strong plus for this position
* Good level of MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint is required.
* A job with plenty of variety and diverse responsibilities
* An attractive salary package with extra legal advantages
* A pleasant work environement in a japanese company.
Articles you may want to read
Ask the recruiter: Board of innovation