At the end of March, three MSc students from IÉSEG, Mejda AGREBI (MSc Business Analysis & Consulting), Nour JAIT (MSc International Business) and Sara FAYSSE (MSc International Business), took ...
Junior Data Governance Manager
We open a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
Proximus is a telecommunications company and a digital service provider operating in Belgium and abroad (Proximus Group). We provide services to residential, enterprise and public customers under various brands. From telephony, internet, television or network-based ICT services to digital services like smart mobility and security.
An excellent opportunity has arisen inside the Data Governance & Quality Team for a brilliant Junior Data Governance Manager. This role sits within a new and dynamic team, tasked with the delivery of a better data life within Proximus. This vision translates into the delivery of self-services solutions to ease the usage and consumption of data and the delivery of structural improvements of its quality so that data workers can act on it and unlock its value.
Within the ARP department (Architecture, Roadmap & Program) of the TEC business unit, the Data Governance & Quality Team is in charge of providing governed self-services to the data community so that this community can act on data and unleash its value. These self-services consist in defining & assigning new roles & responsibilities within Proximus so that data is managed as an enterprise asset, providing tools and solutions to support and ease the exploitation of data (MSS, PCB, Collibra, eMSS), acting as a change agent to turn Proximus into a data driven corporation and provide the right level of formalization and controls to ensure right data quality for the right purpose and the compliance with policies and standards.
The team plays also a key role in delivering the vision of the Data Transformation program: “leverage data at speed and at scale to unlock its value”.
The Junior Data Governance Manager works in an agile team and contribute to the roll-out of a corporate Data Governance into the company. She/he contributes to the definition and implementation of the self-services part of the corporate governance (business glossary, data inventory, metadata management…) and support its roll-out in business and IT teams.
In his role, she/he contributes to the definition of the data governance processes within Proximus (data discovery process, data exploration process, demand management…) and ensure their relevance towards the business. She/he gathers the requirements from the data communities, translate them into a Data Governance Roadmap and enrich the product backlog in a continuous improvement spirit. She/he captures the needs of Proximus data workers and she/he is able to look for creative and simple solutions to meet them. She/he builds an end-to-end view on the data needs and is proactive in the proposition of new actions to overcome potential issues on short and long term.
- She/he ensure the delivery of the product backlog together with the IT teams and the integration of new functionalities into the Data Management Tools (MSS, eMSS, Collibra…).
- She/he can monitors the respect of the governance, raise issues in a timely manner to propose a solution to them and measure results against the data governance objectives of efficiency, standardization, re-use and compliance.
- She/he guides and coach others in the field of data governance and creates user guides and training to support the adoption of the tools that the team provides to the community. She/he is responsible of the adoption of the data management tools under his ownership. She/he is a change agent in turning Proximus into a data driven organization.
- She/he works closely with IT & business teams in order to facilitate the evolution and the compliance when processing data in line with the Legal and Security constraints as well as the internal naming conventions.
- She/he is contributes to the improvement of data quality and understands how to turn governance is a key enabler towards this objective.
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers. We offer you:
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.
Articles you may want to read
3 MSC students from IESEG win the Deloitte 2020 Young Women Challenge
CATÓLICA-LISBON: Your Business school in the heart of Lisbon
Have you ever thought of studying a MSc Program, fully taught in English, in the sunniest capital in Europe? This is your opportunity to study a Master Program in the areas of Management, Financ...