Have you ever thought of studying a MSc Program, fully taught in English, in the sunniest capital in Europe? This is your opportunity to study a Master Program in the areas of Management, Financ...
Junior Functional Analyst
We open a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
Proximus is a telecommunications company and a digital service provider operating in Belgium and abroad (Proximus Group). We provide services to residential, enterprise and public customers under various brands. From telephony, internet, television or network-based ICT services to digital services like smart mobility and security.
You work in the domain responsible for designing and developing applications covering the Graphical Proximus Network Resource Documentation Systems and support the telecom business processes, to ensure the quality and sustainability of the solutions in line with the enterprise strategy.
As a functional analyst you are responsible for translating business and IT needs into functional specifications and architecture design.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You participate in functional analysis of projects and enhancements.
- You acquire a good understanding of the business requirements and processes, in order to translate these into a robust solution design.
- You look for creative and simple solutions and you provide clear, structured documentation for the users, as well for the development teams and testers.
- You participate in making project estimates and in identifying impact on IT architecture.
- You explain the solution to the development team and guide them through the development cycle.
- You report on the status of your projects to the project/scrum team and identify potential risks.
- You provide support to the operations team in case of major incidents.
- You keep watching for new or alternative technology that can bring value.
- You will participate in defining the functional architecture and best practices delivering highly scalable, available, secure and maintainable solutions.
- You are just graduated or you have a work experience.
- You have knowledge of some of the following: UML, DevOps and Agile development (Scrum) principles & methodologies, continuous integration and automated test & build, Microservices, SOA, REST SOAP, RDBMS, JAVA, Cloud architecture, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Spatial
- Functional knowledge of the domain and data model standards like eTOM or SID is considered as an asset.
- You are able to understand business drivers and can recommend cost effective options in response to business needs, challenging the business priority when needed.
- Knowledge about and/or experience with the IT delivery lifecycle (analysis, development and testing).
- Knowledge about and/or experience with graphical documentation systems is a plus
- Knowledge of telecom networks (Copper & Fiber, xDSL, Ethernet, IP) and telecom processes (design, provisioning, service activation, and assurance) is a plus.
- You are analytical and assertive, customer- and solution-oriented.
- You are optimistic, solution oriented, creative with an open mind.
- Customer centricity is part of your nature.
- You value communication and collaboration with others people.
- You have a learning attitude.
- Good knowledge of English is mandatory (both oral and written). French and/or Dutch is an advantage
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers. We offer you:
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.
Articles you may want to read
CATÓLICA-LISBON: Your Business school in the heart of Lisbon
- English: excellent