Almost graduated? Or are you already working and in need of change? Then of course you have to look for a new job! Often, reading online vacancies is not enough to really assess what the job entail...
Junior Network Engineer
We open a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
Proximus is a telecommunications company and a digital service provider operating in Belgium and abroad (Proximus Group). We provide services to residential, enterprise and public customers under various brands. From telephony, internet, television or network-based ICT services to digital services like smart mobility and security.
Within a multidisciplinary and dynamic network team (IP, MPLS, SD-WAN, security), you are co-responsible for the development of new network solutions for our professional customers. You work very closely with Product management, IT and suppliers to come to a "best in class" solution for our end customers. You also constantly follow new technological trends within the domain.
In concrete terms, your tasks are as follows:
- You analyse the technical feasibility of the "business" needs.
- You develop designs and test them in collaboration with other experts.
- You work very closely with other departments (IT, Operations, Process, etc.) to arrive at an unambiguous integrated solution.
- You document as much as possible and give the necessary training to the operational teams
- You support the operational services by solving complex problems.
- You follow the technological evolutions within the network domain and linked to this you define together with the business a roadmap for the future.
- You interact with our key vendors to guarantee the best products for our customers.
- You have a master's degree in computer science
- You are young and dynamic and willing to build up the necessary knowledge for the job in the short term.
- You have a "can do" mentality.
- You have experience with programming and a good knowledge of scripting languages.
- You are interested in IP/MPLS networks and developing new products on these networks.
- You have experience with the operational management of switching and routing in Juniper and Cisco. Avaya is an asset.
- Your personal qualities: sense of analysis and synthesis, sense of organisation, problem solver, customer orientation, customer orientation, result orientation, stress resistance, flexibility.
- You are Dutch and/or French-speaking and have a good knowledge of the second national language. You have a good knowledge of English.
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers.
We offer you:
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.
Articles you may want to read
Job Events: a guidebook
Solvay's Advanced Masters: a boost for your career
Political economy, Quantitative finance, Financial markets, Innovation & entrepreneurship, Innovation & strategic management: discover here the practical and intensive one-year postgraduat...
- English: excellent
- Dutch: excellent
- French: excellent