IE University embraces all challenges as an opportunity for growth—and encourages their students to do the same. Located in the heart of Madrid, the dynamic institution never sits still, providing ...
Junior Software Architect
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
- Design new micro services and cloud-based architecture, new front ends for a mobile environment and new services on IoT Thingworx platform
- Take responsibility for designing a robust and easy maintainable system
- Work according to Scrum methodology and Devops
- Create technical analyses with mockups for new requirements
- Actively suggest improvements and take ownership
- Deliver auto testable front and backend
- Support with the installation of new versions and join technical user support
- Join international projects
- Starter up to 5 years of development experience
- Java knowledge
- Prefered experience with web-application development: Progressive web application, HTML5 webcomponents (Lit element), Java REST microservice
- Knowledge of Java frameworks: SpringBoot, SpringData JPA2, ORM Hibernate, QueryDSL
- Knowledge of cloud technologies is an advantage: Openshift cloud environment, Docker
- Knowledge of testing frameworks is an advantage: Junit, Selenium
- Knowledge of relational databases and analyse techniques (both functional & technical)
- Eager to learn and grow, analytical & problem-solving mindset
- Flexible to travel according to business needs
- Complete proficiency in English is a requirement
A PERFECT MATCH
The opportunity to work in a global and dynamic organization with highly skilled colleagues. A working environment that truly believes in customer success, trust, passion, performance and change. Regular opportunities for training and education to develop yourself continuously. Extra days off, a company restaurant, initiatives concerning health and wellbeing. A competitive payment based on your experience & competences that will develop depending on your input and performance.
LET'S DO THIS!
You will work in a runtime & development team for a Volvo Group global appointed system which develops, maintains, supports & roll outs on all global sites of the Volvo Group. Sharing the responsibility to develop Cloud - Mobile – API and IoT services according to business and industry needs will be an important aspect.
Don't hesitate to apply if you are interested.
Articles you may want to read
IE University: an educational ecosystem that thrives on challenges
3 MSC students from IESEG win the Deloitte 2020 Young Women Challenge
At the end of March, three MSc students from IÉSEG, Mejda AGREBI (MSc Business Analysis & Consulting), Nour JAIT (MSc International Business) and Sara FAYSSE (MSc International Business), took ...
- Dutch: excellent
- English: excellent