We are back with our second ask the recruiter blog post.
Volvo Group Belgium
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions with about 100,000 employees, production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
Together we move the world...
The Volvo Group Management Traineeship gives you a unique opportunity to gain a holistic view of the Truck Assembly Process and to kick-start your career through different assignments, work in different parts of the organization, networking, and professional and personal development.
The program includes a combination of common and individual graduate activities and day-to-day work at the company and runs for 2 years !
As Management Trainee you will conduct different (small to large) projects within our production facility in Ghent, from a cross-functional perspective, with an opportunity to get familiar with the company and its different departments (Operations, Logistics, Business Control, …).
- You contribute to continuous improvement of safety, quality, delivery precision, cost efficiency, environmental impact and employee satisfaction within operations. To achieve these goals, a close collaboration with Continuous Improvement teams and cross-functional work over departments is key
- You develop production means and processes according to the lean concepts (labeling, tooling, handling, storage, …)
- You investigate new technologies and identify what can be applied
- As Trainee you follow the production process in different aspects (Operations, Logistics, Safety, Business Control, Engineering, Quality, …)
- Master in Engineering or Master in Business Economics, Master in Safety & Environment Management or another master combined with a huge passion for manufacturing.
- Valid work-permit for applied country if not citizen
- Excellent spoken and written Dutch and English (Additional languages are given merit)
- Maximum of 1 year previous work-experience prior to or after graduation
- International experience is meriting
Experience in Production, Logistics, Safety or Quality or Business Controlling is an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- An aptitude for self-development and a holistic view
- Perseverance, energy and a drive to improve
- Leadership potential
- Lean management knowledge is an asset
Location: Gent, Belgium
- A position with responsibility within a leading international company
- Personal development through learning on the job and additional external trainings
- A market oriented compensation, including a range of fringe benefits
Articles you may want to read
Ask the recruiter: Board of innovation