We are back with our second ask the recruiter blog post.
We're the world's largest car sharing company.
Today, Zipcar provides hundreds of thousands of people with a viable alternative to traditional car ownership, saving them money, time and headaches. Around the world—from coast to coast, across The USA, Canada, the UK, France, Spain, Austria and college campuses in between—people are making the decision to live car free and enjoying the convenience and environmental benefits of having cars on-demand.
The Marketing Coordinator is a hungry, resourceful, proactive, creative, detail-oriented, multi-tasking, energetic leader. Supporting the Marketing Manager in implementing the field marketing strategy for the Brussels market, the Marketing Coordinator leads the Street Marketing Team, connects Zipcar with relevant local sponsorship opportunities and develops relationships in the community, all in an effort to reach membership and driving activity goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Copy/content creation: writes copy for online ads (SEM, display, Facebook ads, etc.), creative content for newsletter/emailing to boost activation & retention, social media to create engagement as well as landing pages.
- Design studio coordination: brief studio for creatives for online acquisition banners and emails and offline material (flyers, etc.).
- Member service (MS) coordination: brief in MS about new promotions/campaigns/products/news.
- Street marketing team: Leads the scheduling, planning, development and implementation of the team.
- Partnerships: Identifies and negotiates mutually beneficial partnerships with local companies/startups to boost acquisition and brand awareness.
- Collaborates with Market Manager, Marketing Manager and EU headquarters on the development, implementation and management of local member acquisition, utilization and engagement strategies
- Monitors, measures, and reports the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and then efficiently optimizes
- Leads frequent meetings with all stakeholders, including external partners, internal teams, and direct reports
- 4-year degree in marketing or related field; 1 year relevant experience with field and online marketing
- Interpersonal skills – you work well with others, communicate effectively with those around you and remain open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Oral communication – you speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation skills
- Written communication – you edit your work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and are able to read and interpret written information
- Planning/organizing – you prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently, especially in a fast-paced environment
- Quality control – you have a discerning palate and you pay attention to the details that make the difference between pretty good and remarkable
- Adaptability – you know that change is inevitable, and you thrive in an environment where every day is a new adventure with new opportunities
- Flexible schedule – you are available to do what is necessary to get the job done
- You are proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and basic internet tools
- Results-driven: Experience with tracking success of marketing programs (Google adwords, etc.), with an acute eye for ROI beyond just great ideas
- Member-centric: Empathetic approach to service, paired with a passion for our brand and a belief that we are fulfilling a real need in member’s lives
- Local: Knowledge of Brussels is a must. As a Company, we collaborate to achieve a shared global mission while focusing on locally-driven solutions with custom communication
- French is your mother tongue and you’re proficient in Dutch.
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Free Zipcar membership and discounted usage
Articles you may want to read
Ask the recruiter: Board of innovation
- French: mother tongue
- Dutch: good