Almost graduated? Or are you already working and in need of change? Then of course you have to look for a new job! Often, reading online vacancies is not enough to really assess what the job entail...
Tenneco Inc. (NYSE: TEN) is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and distributors of clean air and ride performance products and systems for the automotive, commercial truck and off-highway markets and the aftermarket. The company is well-balanced across end-markets, geographic regions, customers, product lines and vehicle platforms.
Using a combination of leading-edge technology, manufacturing expertise and dedication to customer service, Tenneco has increased revenues to $8.2 billion annually and penetrated new markets to solidify its leadership in the global supplier industry. Our global team is aligned and focused on executing plans to accelerate growth and drive cost leadership.
Responsible for planning, integration, and completion of process engineering projects for the Focus Factory. Duties include estimating tooling and production costs, tool and die design and maintenance, operator training, continuous improvement, and process/manufacturing cost reductions. In addition, the Process Engineer performs process characterization, establishes process control for all critical process parameters, supports with process development, and drives to improve process robustness to improve yield and reduce cost. The Process Engineer will dual report to the Focus Factory Manager and the Plant Engineering Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods. Implements process improvements in areas of operating efficiency, equipment set up/changeover, capacity, new technology, and equipment layout.
- Coordinate with production and maintenance the ongoing acquisition and maintenance of equipment, tooling, and gauging.
- Coordinate all production issues related to new product release and changes to existing products.
- Analyses and plans work force utilisation, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards. Coordinates activities of contractors and ensures that all equipment documentation is current including blueprints, handbooks, and schematics.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Optimise manufacturing processes to include standardisation of common applications, troubleshooting production problems and implementing required training programs.
- Provide support for production by guiding and assisting maintenance, the tool shop, and the technicians on rebuilds and breakdowns.
- Supports company initiatives and programs such as TBS, Lean, CI, and TVM improvements.
Dutch and English fluent.Education and/or Experience
- Master Degree in engineering with experience as a hands-on mechanical/manufacturing/process engineer working with mechanical or electromechanical systems in a high volume manufacturing setting.
- Experience in manufacturing process development with experience in CAD or FEA and functional expertise in the application of GD&T.
- Project management experience.
- Experience preparing capital equipment justifications required.
- Experience using systematic problem solving approaches (8-D, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing desired
- Competitive salary
- Meal vouchers
- Holidays: 10 bank holidays, 20 legal vacation days and 15 work time reduction days.
- Belgian extra legal benefit plans (extra legal pension, life insurance, disability insurance, hospitalization insurance and accidental insurance).
- Flexible Reward Plan: Tenneco offers the possibility to create your own compensation package, tailored to your needs, and to do a tax optimization. Depending on your situation, this can be a lease car, lease bike, supplementary health insurance dental care, reimbursement of individual pension saving, supplementary child benefit and/ or reimbursement of internet costs. The choice to participate is entirely voluntary.
A helicopter maintains oversight and can determine the fastest road to success. In a group, they do not lose sight of the long-term goal.
A challenging team member tries to maximize each collaborative partner’s potential and engages everyone to strive for excellent performance.
In this job, the employee must closely follow procedures, agreements, or work methods. There is a clear job description and the employee often receives feedback about his or her performance by means of structured consultation. The employee primarily has contact within the organization and contact is informal in nature.
In this job, the priority is achieving results. The employee has a lot of responsibility with respect to the final product or service delivered. Decisions have an impact on others or on the organization.
- Dutch: excellent
- English: excellent