Political economy, Quantitative finance, Financial markets, Innovation & entrepreneurship, Innovation & strategic management: discover here the practical and intensive one-year postgraduat...
Proximus TV Junior Business Analyst
We open a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
Proximus is a telecommunications company and a digital service provider operating in Belgium and abroad (Proximus Group). We provide services to residential, enterprise and public customers under various brands. From telephony, internet, television or network-based ICT services to digital services like smart mobility and security.
In order to accelerate our move towards Digital in the Media / OTT space, we are urgently looking for a TV Junior Business Analyst who will be responsible to translate the business requirements into user and technical stories and lead discussions with internal & external partners to assess and define the impact of the new requirements on the TV Ecosystem. You combine theoretical and conceptual knowledge with hands-on experience.
He/she will be a member of the Media Domain Analyst Team which will be composed of Domain architects & analysts coming from different subject matter expertise.
His/her main tasks will be:
- study the Business requirements
- translate business requirements into user and/or technical stories
- write high-level concept paper(s), describing the overall system requirements
- break down the system requirements into manageable subareas (Digital Right Management, Settop Box, Backend, OSS/BSS, ..)
- support teams or individuals who are focusing on the analysis and deployment of these subareas
- participate and lead discussions with internal and external partners
- report to management about progress and problems
- contribute to the financial aspects of the project (cost-benefit analysis)
act as overall business analyst support for the project manager
We are looking for a high-profile engineer, who
- get quickly acquainted with the technical complexity of a large project
- search autonomously for missing parts of information
- make detailed analysis, as well as keep a synthetic view over the project
- write comprehensive documents
- organize and lead meeting with internal and external partners
- report and communicate in a clear way, depending on the audience (business, external partners, technical teams)
- stir up enthusiasm in the teams working on sub areas
- prioritize and deprioritize subtasks, keeping the timing and budgetary constraints into account
- make decisions or support other decisions with an open mind
- learns fast and is enthusiastic to learn about new technologies and is actively networking to that effect.
During the interview, we will gauge for your compliance with the above job responsibilities.
- Master in IT of Industrial or Engineering Sciences or similar by experience;
- No experience required.
- Development Experience within Media or Telco area and agile environment is an asset.
- Technically savvy and interested in new digital technologies
- Excellent analytical skills –ability to quickly understand the big picture
- Synthetic skills
- Growth Mindset
- Presentation skills
- Motivating skills
- Team spirit
- Self-learner and fast learner
- Agile mindset: it is not just a word but a firm belief
- Communication skills.
- Fluently understanding and speaking English; knowledge of Dutch/French is a plus
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers.
We offer you:
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.
Articles you may want to read
Solvay's Advanced Masters: a boost for your career
=job.status_textProximus First Job1030 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Master Regime: Full Time
2019-10-01=job.status_textCisco First Job1831 MachelenThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
2019-10-01=job.status_textREALDOLMEN First Job1654 BeerselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: excellent
- French: good
- Dutch: good