Consulting has many facets. We have identified several types of consulting and tried to explain them as clearly as possible so that this sector has no more secrets for you!
Quality - Continuous Improvement Engineer
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA.
- You are responsible for managing and optimizing the quality systems ISO9001: 2015 & IATF 16494. In this capacity, you lead audits both with internal and external parties.
- In close collaboration with other HSES services, you work towards an integrated management system.
- You are responsible for initiating, setting up and supporting continuous improvement projects throughout the organization, that can deliver both hard and soft value.
- You are very closely involved with the requirements and problems of the customers and you work together with other services to identify the root cause and to take corrective actions.
- You are jointly responsible for the preparation and execution of quality and product improvement projects / tests to (re) qualify both existing and new products.
- Master in engineering sciences
- Interest in quality systems (FMEA, MSA, SPC, ...) and / or other management systems
- Interest in statistical and continuous improvements methods such as lean, 5S, 6-sigma, 8D, ...
- Motivated, independent, proactive and hands-on mentality
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills with full working proficiency in Dutch and English.
Our spirit of innovation and collaboration along with our diversified business line creating challenges and opportunities for growth is what makes Eastman a great place to build a career. Here, you can find opportunities to grow professionally, competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, and a global work environment.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
A challenging team member tries to maximize each collaborative partner’s potential and engages everyone to strive for excellent performance.
A planner ensures efficiency and effectiveness when achieving short-term goals. In a group, the employee focuses on the way in which the goal must be achieved.
In this job, the employee must closely follow procedures, agreements, or work methods. There is a clear job description and the employee often receives feedback about his or her performance by means of structured consultation. The employee primarily has contact within the organization and contact is informal in nature.
In this job, the priority is achieving results. The employee has a lot of responsibility with respect to the final product or service delivered. Decisions have an impact on others or on the organization.
- Dutch: excellent
- English: excellent