Or with our northern neighbours at ING HQ in Amsterdam, if you prefer. It's up to you. During ING's International Talent Program (ITP), we enable you to gain as much experience as possible, in vari...
Sales Trainee Business Banking
Proud history, sure. But at ING we’re always more interested in what comes next. Looking at everything we do and asking: how do we make this better? How can we get it done faster? How can it be done more simply? It takes relentless curiosity, a spirit of open collaboration and a culture where new ideas are valued ahead of old conventions.
ING updates its market positioning with a commercial traineeship. We offer you a 12 months traineeship that will boost your career from day one, and where you will groom you for the position of Business Banker SME, credit expert or team leader.
Your traineeship in practice:
You start working in a branch as a Business Banker Professionals. Among other things, you will be responsible for selling our accounts and payments products, identifying interesting opportunities for our professional customers and assisting customers in using our online services. All this combined with seamless teamwork and optimizing results for the branch. You will be given the opportunity to apply what you have learned in practice. Everything depends on your commercial aptitude and a proactive approach to customer needs, seeking to use the appropriate channel (mobile banking/ phone banking/smartbanking ...). You will also seek business opportunities for other product lines and contribute to the financial growth of the branch.
Once your traineeship is completed successfully, you can move on to a range of openings within professional banking. Depending on your preferences and interests, after your traineeship you can start work as a Business Banker SME, credit expert or team leader.
- Working as a Business Banker SME you will be responsible for a portfolio of SME’s and their loans. You contribute on growing the profits on loan products, for the acquisition of new customers and growing the number of core customers. Another important aspect of your position is "networking", both internally and externally with customers, prospects and local stakeholders.
- As a credit expert, you will be responsible for the sale of loans and related products within the professional sector, with targets of increasing the market share and profitability of professional banking within the product groups Lending, Insurance, Payments & Accounts.
- As a team leader within Business Credit Center you can develop your people management skills.
- has a Master degree
- has a clearly demonstrable interest in the financial world, with a special interest in entrepreneurs
- has max. 1 working experience
- has a perfect knowledge of Dutch and can communicate good in French and English too
- is ready to move between different provinces
- is strongly customer-oriented and who gets a buzz from achieving deadlines and targets
- is proactive, enterprising and driven
- excels at building customer relationships and can easily join in social networks
- has a strong dose of persuasiveness
- gets a buzz from closing a deal
- follows rules carefully
- is a real team player
At ING our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We believe that sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to make a better future for themselves and those around them. ING Belgium is a creative and dynamic environment where thousands of employees collaborate to offer a differentiating experience for Retail and Private Banking customers as well as individuals, freelancers, SMEs, large corporations, institutions and corporate clients. As the first direct universal bank, we are a global financial institution with a strong European foundation, recognized as the Best Bank in Belgium and as an employer of choice for consecutive years.
If this is the environment you thrive in, then apply and join us in changing the future of banking!
More info about the company
Expand your boundaries at ING in Hong Kong.
ING Breaking Habits Hackathon – Find new horizons within 24 hours
Pimp up your CV and boost your career? Join the Student Challenge of the “ING Breaking Habits Hackathon” in Rotterdam on 21 and 22 March and put the banking world upside down with a compelling idea...
- English: excellent