Almost graduated? Or are you already working and in need of change? Then of course you have to look for a new job! Often, reading online vacancies is not enough to really assess what the job entail...
Service and support engineer
Trinean is a Belgium based developer of lab-equipment for the analysis of biological samples, including the characterization of DNA, RNA and proteins. A dynamic, young team builds the way to extract a maximum of information out of tiny biological samples, through highly accurate and reliable instruments with state of the art analytical software.
Founded in 2006, Trinean is a spin-out of the University of Gent and of IMEC. Throughout the years, the company developed a product-portfolio including the spectrophotometers DropSense96™ en Xpose, complemented with proprietary microfluidic chips as a standardized platform for biological sample analytics. Trinean’s software toolbox further allows scientists and institutes to optimally interpret the data generated, and to integrate the instruments in highly automated environments.
Since their launch, the DropSense96™ and Xpose are being used in over 500 organizations worldwide, including international research-institutes, tissue banks, hospitals and (bio) pharma companies.
As service and support engineer you are responsible for:
• Providing help and advice to customers and partners in a time and cost efficient way.
• Handling complaints or any incident, such as defects, RMA’s, repairs, …
• Improving customer service procedures, policies and standards according to the company’s policies (ISO).
• Managing the documentation and maintain records on instruments and applications.
• Visiting customers for technical or application support.
• Training colleagues and partners to deliver a high standard of customer service;
You are aware of industry’s latest technology trends and applications.
• Bachelor or master in Bio- or industrial engineering, Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry, Biology, or equivalent by experience.
• A born problem solver with hands-on and practical approach.
• A passion for technical instrumentation and life science applications.
• Customer oriented, team player and willing to travel frequently on short notice.
• Excellent knowledge of English; Very good text writing and spoken skills.
• Well organized and capable of maintaining documentation and action follow-up.
We offer a competitive package in a young, dynamic team at a university spin-out in full expansion, with plenty of opportunities to develop personal skills.
Articles you may want to read
Job Events: a guidebook
Solvay's Advanced Masters: a boost for your career
Political economy, Quantitative finance, Financial markets, Innovation & entrepreneurship, Innovation & strategic management: discover here the practical and intensive one-year postgraduat...