Robbe is 23 years old and graduated as a civil engineering. During his studies he specialized in industrial engineering and operations research, a relatively new civil engineering master at the Uni...
Daikin Europe N.V. (DENV) is a multinational and leading manufacturer and supplier of HVAC-R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration) equipment. We provide innovative, premium quality indoor climate management solutions to meet the changing needs of our residential, commercial and industrial customers. Today, the Daikin Europe Group boasts a powerful sales network of 17 affiliate companies, 4 sales offices and an entire network of independent distributors and sales contracts in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa. To learn more about our vacancies visit: www.daikin.eu/jobs/vacancies.
Daikin Europe is looking for a System Engineer to support our Cloud and App Development with IT infrastructure and supporting tools.
In Ghent, Daikin Europe develops embedded software and hardware, and also works on cloud and app development for the newest Daikin products. As a system engineer you design and develop the IT infrastructure for this department. You also make sure the IT infrastructure is future proof and evolves continuously with the newest requirements.
As a System Engineer, you will be responsible for the standardization and consolidation of our projects. You will make sure to build the most lean architecture, to balance the cost and performance and this for the EMEA Cloud solutions.
After introduction and training, these will be your key tasks:
- Managing the IT infrastructure for our Cloud services and related support tools.
- Working closely together with other team members of our application development group as well as with our dedicated technology suppliers and implementation partners.
- Analysing risks and possible impact of the changes
- Defining details of the implementation and test scenarios
- Drawing up the necessary technical documentation.
- Monitoring the (Project) planning.
You’ll be able to work on the following technologies:
- Server infrastructure (Cloud IaaS, Windows, Linux: Red Hat,...)
- Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
- Application virtualisation: Docker containers & OpenShift
- Monitoring: Centreon (Nagios)
- DevOps Tools: Ansible, Terraforms, etc..
- Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- You have a Master’s degree in computer science.
- You have several years of relevant business experience.
- You have experience in project management or at least have the skill to coordinate the activities of the several in/external parties involved in an project.
- You already have knowledge of some of the above mentioned technologies or at least you have the eagerness to learn
- You are self-directing and can bring structure in our fast growing organisation.
- You can think on a conceptual level and have a clear vision on the advantages that new technologies can bring to our daily life.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
A visionary/strategist has a clear vision for the future and the direction in which one must go. In a team, the employee takes on tasks that the group has to critically examine with respect to long-term relevance.
A challenging team member tries to maximize each collaborative partner’s potential and engages everyone to strive for excellent performance.
In this job, accuracy and detail-oriented work are priorities.
In this job, the employee is often busy optimizing products or processes. This requires a healthy dose of creativity and imagination. The employee is challenged and must step out of his or her comfort zone frequently. A dynamic and constantly evolving environment, with its varying tasks and expectations, requires the employee to have a healthy entrepreneurial spirit.
More info about the company
TESTIMONIAL: Robbe, a graduate civil engineer, started his career at Daikin
International Traineeship at Daikin: Arne shares his experience !
Arne is working at Daikin in the International Key Account department! He travels a lot around Europe to talk to big international customers and capture their real needs! Arne first started as a tr...