Almost graduated? Or are you already working and in need of change? Then of course you have to look for a new job! Often, reading online vacancies is not enough to really assess what the job entail...
Marsh, a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, teams with its clients to define, design, and deliver innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them protect their future and thrive.
Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. Marsh BeLux is a fully owned subsidiary of Marsh global.
Over 400 colleagues present in 6 offices across Belgium (Brussels, Antwerp, Aalst, Roeselare and Liège) and Luxembourg assist our clients in developing and implementing risk transfer solutions to protect their investments.
Our industry expertise in Belgium and Luxemburg is varied: from Automotive to Chemistry, from Infrastructure to Power & Utilities, and from Private Equity to Public Institutions, our experts accompany you in designing and implementing the optimal risk transfer program for your business.
In order to support our growth we are looking for a Technical Support for our IT department, based in Brussels.
Provides support to end users across multiple operating companies by installing and assisting with the operation of their workstations, business applications, and related equipment.
Technical support [75%]
- Performs installation, training, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of desktop technology hardware and software.
- Assists in the setup and operation of audio visual hardware as required by end user.
- Determines appropriate hardware and software based on corporate policy and end user requirements.
- Responds to incidents within SLA or within a timely manner with appropriate level of urgency, and follows up with customers on all issues.
- Escalates incidents and questions to appropriate support groups.
- Disconnects moves and reconnects desktop technology hardware for single user, multi-user and office moves.
- May assist in administration and maintenance of technology infrastructure components.
- May assist in installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of office telephony systems.
Administrative tasks [15%]
- Uses corporate incident management system to record and track all support work.
- Maintains accurate hardware and software records for corporate assets.
- Performs time tracking tasks as required.
- May assist with the procurement of hardware and software.
Staff management and mentoring [5%]
- Provides coaching and mentoring to subordinates.
- Assists with staff performance reviews.
Team meetings and training [5%]
- Supports team’s abilities and functions through positive customer relations.
- Contributes to the improvement and enhancement of processes and procedures.
- Gains additional knowledge and stays abreast of current technologies through employee and company sponsored training, periodicals, and regular interaction with other team members.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
- Associates degree in a technology related discipline; OR a combination of work experience, education and training equivalent to a two-year college degree in a technology related discipline.
- Freshly graduates eager to learn are welcome.
- Language skills requires in Dutch, English & French.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize one’s own activities.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Frequent, local travel (on our different sites in Belgium) may be required depending on location.
- A nice atmosphere
- A competitive salary package
Articles you may want to read
Job Events: a guidebook
Solvay's Advanced Masters: a boost for your career
Political economy, Quantitative finance, Financial markets, Innovation & entrepreneurship, Innovation & strategic management: discover here the practical and intensive one-year postgraduat...
=job.status_textAlpha Credit First Job1000 BrusselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textAlpha Credit First Job1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textBelfius First Job1210 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textORMIT First Job1150 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time