Political economy, Quantitative finance, Financial markets, Innovation & entrepreneurship, Innovation & strategic management: discover here the practical and intensive one-year postgraduat...
Telecommunication Cost Modeling Analyst
We open a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
Proximus is a telecommunications company and a digital service provider operating in Belgium and abroad (Proximus Group). We provide services to residential, enterprise and public customers under various brands. From telephony, internet, television or network-based ICT services to digital services like smart mobility and security.
Proximus is a company that provides multiple telecom as well as entertainment services. As a vertically integrated company, Proximus deploys a considerable number of technologies, internal processes and customer-oriented processes. This makes its cost structure complex. The mission of the Accounting and Cost Modeling team is to present this structure in a concise and meaningful way using models. These models calculate the economic costs of the main product lines, and are used to produce the information and documents required under the different regulatory obligations to which Proximus is subject.
You develop calculation models to determine the economic costs and cost prices of one or more activity areas of the company. You are the contact point within your team for questions related to the economic costs of the production of services.
The areas covered by this function are mainly related to telecom infrastructure.
You maintain and improve cost models which establish causal links between investment expenditure, operating expenditure, and the main product lines. For this, you identify the main components of the networks; determine the variables that affect costs and which link the components to the product lines; and define and obtain the operational volumes corresponding to those variables.
You closely follow the evolution of Proximus' product lines and anticipate changes in cost models.
Your modeling has a clear, auditable structure and you regularly communicate the main points to management. You frequently interact with colleagues to ensure consistency with the other areas and to allow your models to be integrated with those of your colleagues.
- University degree in sciences or applied sciences.
- Multidisciplinary approach: the ability to establish links between fields as diverse as technology, finance, processes, networks, and product lines.
- Critical approach: the ability to obtain reliable, plausible data from internal or external sources.
- Ability to handle large quantities of data (using programming and the advanced features of Excel, MS Access SQL and queries).
- You are undaunted by complexity and can think in abstract terms when necessary.
- You have a strong sense of responsibility.
- You are a team player, agile, and willing to share your knowledge.
- You are curious and keen to understand/learn about new areas.
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers.
We offer you:
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.
Articles you may want to read
Solvay's Advanced Masters: a boost for your career
- English: good
- Dutch: good
- French: good