We are back with our second ask the recruiter blog post.
Young Grad: Risk Controller
Launch your career, become a Young Grad at Telenet and take the job journey of a lifetime. As you start working at your department, you’ll be offered a rewarding trajectory, and you’ll help to build a better digital future for all of us. In doing so, you’ll learn what your favourite job is and where your strengths lie. You’ll get a taste of a ton of innovations, countless courses and wonderful challenges. From engineering, via IT to marketing, sales or finance, you are welcome.
Are you ready to grow, together with Telenet?
The Risk Controller is responsible for improving Telenet's Internal Control environment and expanding it by, among other things:
- Participating in the execution of Internal Control reviews, for internal business processes with the aim of identifying, analyzing and documenting risks, their controls, and any possible shortcomings.
- Initiating, processing and managing risk controls, while at the same time validating the results of the systems that you put in place.
- Have the self-confidence to practice ad-hoc analyses.
- Maintain an advisory and supporting role in the implementation of new projects and processes within Telenet.
- Have the foresight to identify future risks, define appropriate controls and then successfully implement them.
- Closely follow the status of action plans that have been defined to resolve deficiencies within those plans, via internal controls
- Report risk KPIs to both internal management and Liberty Global (our main shareholder).
- Work closely with the rest of the Risk and Compliance team and maintain close contacts with Liberty Global
- Prepare detailed reports and easy-to-understand presentations on all aspects of your job.
- Strong academic background: Master's degree (preferably financial or economics based with affinity for audit or risk management) or equivalent via experience;
- You speak both Dutch and English fluently;
- You have excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and possibly Access);
- You are characterized by a strong analytical capacity and consider accuracy to be of paramount importance;
- You are communicative, both orally and in writing, allowing you to deliver clear messages that are easy to understand.;
- You have affinity with Internal Control and Audit;
- You enjoy gathering knowledge about the operation of different processes and systems across departments;
- You are assertive and can persuade others of the merits of what you are arguing;
- You are ‘hands on’, and proactive while working, ensuring that what needs to be done, gets done;
- You like to take initiative and inspire those around you to do better;
- You succeed in planning and following up your own work independently and don’t need your hand held while at work.
- Choose a real job, with a lot of responsibility and challenging projects
- Get inspired by our intensive two-year development program
- Take your career into your own hands and develop your leadership skills
- Join an innovative, ambitious and 100% future-proof organization
- Enjoy an attractive salary package
Articles you may want to read
Ask the recruiter: Board of innovation