Daikin is looking for high-quality talent to further build on their global success. So if you want to broaden your horizons, the Young Graduate Traineeship Program (Local or International) is the r...
Young Graduate - International Traineeship Program
Daikin carries out cutting edge work in the field of HVAC (heating, ventilation & air conditioning), heat pumps and cooling installations.
Daikin Europe N.V. in Belgium is the head office for development, sales and production operations in Europe, the Middle East and parts of Africa. The Daikin Europe Group encompasses in addition to the head office, an international development centre, an EMEA IT Center, five state-of-the-art production facilities and an international sales network. We are continuously searching for high-quality talent to further build on our global success.
So if you want to broaden your horizons, our Young Graduate Traineeship Program is the right decision!
Opening up large perspectives: our proposal/your opportunity
This one year and a half young graduate traineeship program allows you, as a recent graduate, to immerse yourself in the Daikin Group. During this 18 months traineeship, you are able to maximize your learning curve by rotating over different departments, doing a variety of jobs/projects, while being supported by extensive training.
If you want to work in an international environment and spend some (training) time abroad, the international traineeship program is the right fit for you.
This program contains four different development paths, each composed out of three modules of six months during which you can explore three different departments withing Daikin Europe and its affiliates:
- Manufacturing: during this development path you will get acquainted with the production process of our products from start to finish. This development path will be shaped (in accordance with your preferences) in a planning, operational or technical development path, during which:
- You will improve the production flow and quality of our products in one of the production supporting departments (for example: production engineering, QAC, ..).
- You will be part of the after sales process in the spare parts and customer service department.
- You will get a more operational task in the factory as a groupleader or a member of our Monozokuri team (responsible for the improvement of the production process) or in our warehouse.
- Research & Development: during this development path you will be able not only to help create innovative HVAC-R solutions that adhere to the latest environmental demands (via R&D), but also to participate in the Strategic Business Unit which supports the sale of the newly created parts and products.
- You will participate in the research and development process of new parts and products to help turn tangible research into the climate changing technologies of tomorrow.
- You will be part of one of the Sales Business Units to help set up the sales strategy, business development, marketing and product support for the units manufactured by the Daikin Family.
- Corporate: during this development path you will get acquainted with how our business works.
- You will support the coordination and execution of the strategy for Daikin in the entire EMEA region, via the implementation of the strategy into annual budgets, the implementation of corporate governance and internal controls in the group, …
- You will be part of a sales team.
- You will found the knowledge you acquired during the previous modules in one of the supporting departments of Daikin (IT, Marketing, Finance & Accounting, …)
- New Markets: during this development path you will be part of one of our Sales Business Units (refrigeration, heating, ventilation and applied) that oversees the strategy, business development, marketing and product support for refrigeration, heating, ventilation and applied units manufactured by the Daikin family of brands.
- You will be responsible for a set of affiliates within the DENV group.
- You will support the creation and implementation of sales and reporting tools for affiliates.
- Bring the voice of affiliates, customers and the market to the new product development and strategy development processes.
- You will support new product launches.
- You will support process improvement projects, service enablement, marketing planning and ad hoc problem solving.
During your program:
- You will get an introduction to Daikin to get familiar with the company culture.
- You will get an intensive (on- the- job) training.
- You will get a different departmental coach for every module, an overall coach who will support you during your whole program and a mentor (former trainee) who will accompany you in your personal growth.
- You will join 3 different departments (each for 6 months) and participate in specific projects:
- Allowing you to gain specific knowledge and working experience.
- Actively contributing to the success of the department.
- Gaining on-the-job experience in different fields.
- During the second of third module of six months, you will have an international challenge in one of our daughter companies (sales or manufacturing), where you are given the opportunity to bring into practice your acquired HQ knowledge.
After this program, you will be assigned an open (international) position within the Daikin Group. This is the start of your international career with many perspectives! Throughout your career you remain open to international rotations.
- You are a young graduate (maximum 1 year working experience) in engineering or economics, with a wide interest.
- You are not limited to your field of knowledge and you are always looking for new opportunities to grow.
- You are eager to learn and acquire more experience.
- You are willing to spend a first training period abroad, but are also looking to spend (part of) your career working internationally.
- You are willing to work in our offices in Ostend, Ghent and Brussels.
- Good knowledge of English is of course essential.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
More info about the company
[INVITATION WEBINAR] Become a Local or International Trainee at Daikin Europe
TESTIMONIAL: Robbe, a graduate civil engineer, started his career at Daikin
Robbe is 23 years old and graduated as a civil engineering. During his studies he specialized in industrial engineering and operations research, a relatively new civil engineering master at the Uni...