Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Toyota Motor Europe
2019-2369 Internship Productivity Management Department
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations
Belonging to Toyota Production System (TPS) Function, Productivity Management department is responsible for evaluating & supporting European Manufacturing Company (EMC) operational efficiency and cost reduction.
This will lead to accelerating further challenge towards global competitiveness (promote productivity improvement based on TPS thinking way) of our European Operations.
- Guide EMCs to set challenging targets consistent with company direction.
- Visualize overall and shop by shop EMC’s current status to detect main problems.
- Follow up and support EMC’s to proceed Kaizen activities based on the improvement plan, in close co-operation with the Operations Management Development Teams.
- Stimulate/organize effective development among EMCs based on best practice sharing (“Yokoten”).
- Develop expertize to support EMCs on specific productivity issues.
Analyse, evaluate one of the EMC’s productivity status & support their productivity improvement activities.
To achieve this will need to:
- Learn and understand TPS basic thinking way.
- Acquire a deep understanding of Toyota’s Productivity Management System.
- Acquire basic understanding of Production Processes and the key drivers of their efficiency.
- Define strategies of the improvement ideas with related key functions.
- Implement “Kaizen” and confirm the achievement of target.
- You have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Economics or Business Management background
- You have affinity with automotive and are passionate about quality
- You are very highly numeric, with strong logical and analytical skills (Excel & Access)
- As a self-starter you demonstrate pro-activeness and ownership in projects
- You have the ability to develop creative ways for operational and cost improvement and generate new ideas with deep analysis
- You are a pragmatic problem solver, result driven
- You are strong communicator, able to convey and receive messages to/from all levels in the organisation (shop floor to management)
- You are fluent in English, any other European language is an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- Wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- Have strong planning and organizing skills
- Enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- Have excellent communication skills
- Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, Head Office - Brussels (Evere)
- Starting date: ASAP
- Duration: 12 Months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, some specific data may not be possible to be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textToyota Motor Europe Internship1140 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Bachelor Regime: Full Time
- English: excellent