Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Toyota Motor Europe
2019-2522 Internship Product & Marketing Management Division (SUV Team)
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations
The Product & Marketing Management Division develops the strategy and leads the planning of new Toyota models with the target to deliver the best product for European markets while ensuring achievement of our business objectives. We are handling product planning (volume, specification, pricing), marketing strategy (sales & marketing strategy development & implementation across our markets, launch management) and life-cycle management. You will join the SUV team.
Your main activities and responsibilities will lie in supporting the Product Managers in their projects and daily tasks.
You will have the chance to learn and understand the core job in marketing management, understand key Toyota values and business approach and build your network within Toyota Motor Europe organisation. As part of your daily tasks you will support in:
• Market & sales data analysis
• Competitors benchmarking (ie. mixes, pricing, positioning, communication)
• Collaborate with all relevant departments and divisions within Toyota Motor Europe and with National Marketing and Sales Companies
• Identify and share NMSC best practices
• Creation of presentation materials
• You have completed or are in your last year of Master studies in business, marketing or automotive
• You have a strong personal interest in the automotive business
• Proactive and willing to be a team player in a multicultural environment
• Fluent in English, additional languages are an asset
• Strong analytical and communication skills, ability to visualize your findings
• Very good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• Wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• Have strong planning and organizing skills
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• Have excellent communication skills
• Customer mindset
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe - Brussels
Starting date: 30th of September 2019
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium).
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent