Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Toyota Motor Europe
2019-2533 Intern Logistics Project - Production Parts
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations
The Production Parts Logistics Division is responsible for monthly logistics network planning, high quality, safe operations, monthly network design in Just In time philosophy.
Job scope is collection of 600+ European suppliers parts and deliver to each of the 4 Vehicle Plants (in UK, France, Czech & Turkey), 3 Unit Plants (UK and Poland) and Other Regions (Japan, South Africa, Russia, etc) considering best supply chain solutions.
Toyota Production System (TPS) considers Logistics as the core of the supply chain to achieve Just-In-Time. The division is split into different Regional Teams for Logistics (UK, Turkey, West and Mid Europe) and Export.
Identifying and implementing ways to kaizen our supply chain focused on Quality, Cost or Delivery Improvement.
This will allow you to:
• Acquire a deep understanding of Just-in-Time (JIT).
• Define strategies to achieve Toyota main Logistics Pillars, Even Pitch, minimum lead time, max efficiency and flexibility.
• Consense the improvement ideas with the key stakeholders.
• Implement the kaizen and confirm the achievement of target.
To achieve this will need to:
• Learn and professionally use Toyota Logistics Planning system
• Learn and fully understand Toyota’s Logistics network and specific operation standards to ensure application through the logistics network you are responsible for.
• You have a Bachelor with Logistics / Supply Chain / Economics or Business Management background
• You have affinity with automotive and are passionate about quality
• You are very highly numeric, with strong logical and analytical skills (Excel & Access).
• As a self-starter you demonstrate pro-activeness and ownership in projects
• You have the ability to develop creative ways for operational and cost improvement and generate new ideas with deep analysis
• You are a pragmatic problem solver, result driven
• You have a driving license
• You are Fluent in English, any other European language is an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
- paid internship
- Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, Head Office - Brussels (Evere)
- Starting date: ASAP
- Duration: 6 Months
- Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium).
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textToyota Motor Europe Internship1140 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Bachelor Regime: Full Time
- English: excellent