Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
The European Medicines Verification Organisation (EMVO)
EMVO is a Belgian non-profit organisation created in 2015 as a joint initiative of EU supply chain stakeholders, representing pharmaceutical manufacturers, wholesalers, community pharmacists and hospitals. We ensure the implementation of a functioning, secure, interoperable and cost-effective system across Europe, to ensure patient health and safety.
EMVO is responsible for the European Medicines Verification System (EMVS), a European-wide system created to prevent falsified medicines from entering the legal supply chain. It demonstrates the principle of European integration and has a real-world impact for patients and the healthcare sector across the EU and EEA member states.
Alongside our founding stakeholders, we work with the European Commission, 30 National Medicines Verification Organisations (NMVOs), and over 2000+ pharmaceutical companies are currently connected to our system.
Our internship programme
As the intern in the Finance and Accounting (FNA) team, you will play an active role in the day-to-day activities of the department, supporting the strategic direction and vision of the department.
In general, you will work under one supervisor, who will take an active role in your development; however, you will have the opportunity to work on different projects and areas within the department.
This internship will start in May 2021 and will have a duration of six months. Due to COVID-19, EMVO is adopting a flexible home office approach. This can be discussed with your supervisor in due course.
Overview of tasks
You will complete a range of functions depending on the day-to-day needs of the department, such as:
- Support the process of creating, issuing, and booking invoices
- Assist in verifying company information and creating invoices
- Provide support in the execution and maintenance of financial controlling, monitoring, and reporting
- Support and execute financial processes, e.g. Purchase Order Management
Finance and Reporting
- Prepare, maintain, and update business and finance related reports and analysis
- Assist in the creation of presentations
- Create, maintain and update SOPs
- Create, maintain and update business-related documentation
Second level support
- Provide support and guidance to pharmaceutical companies on business and finance related queries
- A positive attitude with a service-driven and problem-solving mindset;
- Strong organisational and planning skills;
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise work;
- The ability to work independently and accurately on tasks;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- A current BA/BSc or MA/MSc student able to sign an internship agreement with EMVO.
To apply, reach the career page of EMVO website and apply online before 2 April 2021 (CV and motivation letter are required).
- A 6-month internship, starting in May 2021;
- A monthly compensation package;
- A chance to gain valuable experience in a multilingual environment;
- Full support and mentoring from our staff;
- The opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the pharmaceutical sector and in an organisation related to European Affairs.
Our office is based in the heart of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport. Due to COVID-19, the EMVO team is currently teleworking, so interviews will be conducted remotely.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: good
- French: basic