Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Architect software / Tech Lead
BY-SYSTEMS is the global leader in end-to-end multi-vendor network management and automation systems for the broadcast, satellite, cable, telco and mobile industry.
Develop and deploy for the industry a Hub to interconnect many complex systems using different protocols (proprietary or standard).
You work in the R&D department.
The R&D team covers different applications that are used to:
- Kamailio framework
- Smart Media Hub
- inbound/outbound Gateway
- Eliminate manual, repetitive tasks by connecting the devices your business relies on — so you can do more with less work.
- Configuration & Setup of the complete or partial infrastructure
- Reuse of the existing configuration for a new project
- Virtualize the device of the manufacturer used by Tv & Radio Broadcasters, Telecom service providers, Press, Sport, social media, IoT
- Ensures the interoperability of device, their monitoring while reducing the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
- Analyze the Impact of the change in your infrastructure :
- The version of the API used by devices
- The version of the firmware used by the devices
The full flow to support any type of requests coming from any type of communication channel will be supported end-to-end in our team.
You will also work with a team composed of different profiles and coming from different countries.
Role & Responsibilities
You work closely together with domain architects and functional analysts towards a solution based on requirements provided by the business.
You analyze and assess the impact of functional requirements and give solution guidance to teams.
You make project estimates and identify the impact on IT Application
You look for creative and simple solutions and you help the team to provide clear and structured documentation.
You define and explain a detailed technical solution model to the development teams.
You oversee the development of technical solutions.
You will work on the application Request Management Tool that plays a central role in the architecture.
As a technical lead, you will make the link between the functional analyst and the development team. You will be in charge of the technical solution and ensure the correct technical implementation of the solution.
The methodology used in BY-SYSTEMS is Agile and Scrum. In this context, you will work with a SCRUM master.
- Required Competencies
- You have a bachelor's or master’s degree (preferably in an IT-related domain) or equivalent by experience.
- You have good experience in implementing new projects in an IT environment.
- You have knowledge of UML, DevOps, and agile development (Scrum) principles & methodologies.
- You are optimistic, analytical and assertive, customer- and solution-oriented.
- You value communication and collaboration with others.
- You have a learning attitude.
- Good knowledge of English is mandatory (both oral and written). French and/or Dutch is an advantage.
- As a technical lead, you need to have experience in the technologies listed below or be able to acquire them in a reasonable time frame.
- Expected skills
- Java 8 or higher
- C, C++ cross-platform
- Event-Driven Architecture
- Couchbase SDK (Spring Data)
- Kafka - broker, consumer, provider
- Git, Jira, Confluence
- Nexus, Jenkins
- NodeJs 10 or higher
- Typescript 3.9 or higher
- GraphQL including GraphQL federation (Apollo Server)
- NodeJs Couchbase SDK
- Logging - Winston, ELK
- Code linting - ESlint
This is an internship or student job that could lead to an engagement
- A competitive salary with extra benefits.
- A healthy work-life balance.
- A stimulating, challenging, and fast-evolving technological environment.
- Work in an international company while still enjoying the advantages of a small-company culture.
- Be part of a team that has a disruptive impact on the global telecom and broadcast industry.
- Gain experience with a vast array of cutting-edge technologies.
- Enjoy long-term stable employment.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent
- Dutch: mother tongue
- French: mother tongue