Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Business Development Internship
SolarPower Europe's aim is to shape the regulatory environment and enhance business opportunities for solar power in Europe.
We represent, help and connect more than 180 organizations from around the globe active along the entire solar PV value chain and beyond from multi million companies to SMEs and innovative start ups.
Those include: manufacturers, developers, service providers, storage providers, utilities, investors and asset owners, consultancies and research centers, national associations, etc.
- New membership and sponsorship acquisition (corporate sales in B2B):
- market research, generate leads, prospecting through cold calls, setting up and attending sales calls and meetings, follow-up and CRM updates, direct sales of membership and sponsorship (for the assigned accounts), building and retaining relationship with existing members and sponsors
- Assist in developing and updating all (membership, sponsorship and events) marketing materials (in print and online)
- General assistance and organisational support to the BD department
- General assistance with SolarPower Europe reception (phone and visitors): when required
- Motivated to work with tight deadlines and ambitious targets
- Passionate about closing deals under pressure and in a high pace environment (experience in corporate sales, customer facing role, B2B environment, membership and sponsorship sales is a plus)
- Outstanding communication skills (oral and written)
- Able to process large amount of information quickly and take decisions to solve problems
- Capable to work effectively in a team and independently when required
- Proficient in English (any other foreign language is an asset)
- Currently a student or graduating with a degree in Business, Marketing, Sales Management or similar
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel (experience with CRM software is an advantage)
- Eager to learn about the solar energy sector and B2B business development
SolarPower Europe is offering a paid internship for at least 6 months. As per Belgian legislation, a monthly reimbursement (750EUR) for expenses on a standard basis is planned. A signed Convention de Stage (a tripartite agreement signed by SolarPower Europe, the intern and his/her university or college) is required. Prospective interns must fulfil this requirement to apply.
Application before 8th March 2017.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent