Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Channel Sales Intern
Lightspeed is volop in beweging. Met 600 collega’s verdeeld over onze kantoren in Montreal, Ottawa, New York, Olympia, Londen, Gent en Amsterdam, zijn wij een van de snelst groeiende bedrijven van dit moment moment. Met onder meer investeringen van Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Quebéc (CDPQ en Investissement Québec (IQ) groeit Lightspeed naar een wereldwijde omni-channel oplossing voor mid-market bedrijven. Met een gemiddelde leeftijd van 28 jaar oud binnen ons kantoor in Amsterdam, kom je in een jong, ambitieus en snelgroeiend team te werken.
Lightspeed is looking for a commercially-driven intern to join our dynamic Channel Sales team. Located in Ghent and reporting into the Director of Channel Sales and Strategic Alliances, EMEA, you will assist the Channel team in developing and maintaining profitable relationships with Lightspeed resellers & distribution partners. Your daily tasks include searching for new partners and managing reselling application requests. You will help in overseeing the lead referral process, make sure that our partners act in line with the Partner Program (e.g., have a dedicated landing page of Lightspeed), and work on channel marketing initiatives to generate more revenues for our partners. You will thus be a key asset in the team and help build the channel program in the EMEA region. You love challenges, possess a keen eye for detail, and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs with the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Search new partners and review & process partner application forms; participate in the recommendation of prospective partners and help grow the channel network
- Answer inquiries via phone/email and communicate any changes/updates to our partners
- Provide administrative support to partner managers in the Channel Sales department
- Track and manage partner certifications together with our SE&T team
- Oversee ongoing lead pairing with existing partners
- Participate in, and help to coordinate and drive channel marketing initiatives
- Track and manage partner promotions
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- BSc/MSc student in Business/Marketing/Innovation or other relevant studies
- 0.5/1 year commercial work experience, working in sales/business development
- Excellent communication skills, you are not afraid to go into another conversation
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- High interest in e-commerce, retail, horeca and business
- Experience with B2B software sales highly preferable
- Fluent in Dutch and English (French/German is preferable)
Who you are
- You are ambitious and result-driven to accomplish your goals
- You are commercially-minded and like to assist in selling technology-based solutions via partners
- You are analytical and understand figures and KPIs that substantiate the business
- You love communicating with people and are able to convince with passion.
What we offer
- Internship remuneration
- A real ambitious, fun and inspiring work surrounding
- Room for ownership and initiative within a fast-growing organization
- A daily, healthy and free lunch
- "Work hard/play hard" - We celebrate our success!
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- Dutch: excellent
- English: excellent