Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
United Nations University - Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies (UNU-CRIS)
Communication Intern at United Nations University - CRIS
The United Nations University Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies (UNU-CRIS) is a research and training institute of the United Nations University.
UNU-CRIS focuses on the study of regions, regional organisations, global and regional governance, processes of regional integration and cooperation, and their implications.
The mission of UNU-CRIS is to contribute to a better understanding of intra- and interregional integration through comparative and interdisciplinary research and training. The aim is to act as a think tank that generates policy-relevant knowledge about new forms of global and regional governance and cooperation, and to contribute to capacity building issues of integration and cooperation, particularly in developing countries.
The name “university” may be somewhat misleading. To date, there are no students at the research institute in Bruges. Some of our researchers are involved in various master degree programmes, however, and students from all over the world can apply for an intern- or traineeship at UNU-CRIS.
As a research institute, UNU-CRIS acts as a resource for the UN system, with particular links to the UN bodies dealing with regional integration, and works in partnership with institutes and initiatives throughout the world that are concerned with issues of integration and cooperation, such as the European Commission (EC) and UNESCO.
• You will assist in the (further) development of the social media and a new UNU-CRIS website.
• You will support office staff in their preparations for the upcoming international conferences and planned events.
• You will also assist office staff during the events.
• You will evaluate the events that took place during the internship.
• You will set up a collection of visual material on UNU-CRIS.
• You will assist staff with administrative and other tasks as needed.
• You will provide assistance to staff members within the context of on-going projects.
• You will be responsible for the preparation of project-linked documents, summaries and meetings.
• You have at least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Master’s degree.
• You have a strong interest in communication and in organizing events.
• You are dynamic and eager to contribute to the activities organized by the United Nations University.
• You thrive under pressure and you are able to act quickly and efficiently.
• You are proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and have experience with, or are willing to familiarise yourself with, the Adobe Creative Suite.
• You possess excellent English writing and communication skills.
• An excellent active knowledge of Dutch will be seen as an asset.
• You are willing to work in Bruges for the duration of the internship, which is on a full-time basis.
• Experience in an international and multicultural environment.
• A (basic) training session on Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
• Playing a key role within a challenging and exciting working environment.
• Working with highly qualified staff members with various professional backgrounds.
• Access to the network of UNU-CRIS partners, including other UN institutes and some of the leading universities and non-governmental organizations around the world.
• The internship is non-remunerated, but (local) commuter traffic costs will be reimbursed.
• If you are a holder of a final diploma, obtained at an institution of secondary or higher education, financed or subsidised by the Flemish authorities, there is a possibility to subsidise your internship:
Please send your application (detailed CV and motivation letter) to Mrs. Pascale Vantorre firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to Mr. Ewout Ramon email@example.com no later than 7 December 2014. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview at the UNU-CRIS’ premises in Bruges on 15 and 16 December 2014. All replies will be treated in full confidence.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent
- Dutch: good