Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Communication Lead internship
Based in Brussels (not so far VUB/ULB), Ubiz.io is the new thematic business development driven acceleration program for tech startups.
Ubiz offers a dedicated track to Africa tech & sustainable development tech with an investment & acceleration module. Mentoring by the best & tight contacts with the international financing world are our unfair advantage. We welcome highly selected startups & mentors from allover the world.
We are looking for a communication lead, savvy in social media, PR, event organization for minimum 3 months.
One of the following skills (if all are gathered, that would be great) will be expected from you :
- Social media management. You develop social media strategies and make them happen with available means
- Analytics, SEO, you keep an eye on how these all evolves
- Website maintenance - copyrighting, blogging, ...
- Creation & editing of small videos
- information hunt - internet veil of the whole ecosystem
- Editing/ writing press articles, identifying the right journalists/ influencers to approach
- writing blogs in relation to tech & entrepreneurship
- set up creative events in association with the belgian ecosystem (for now :-))
- small for the happy few
- & bigger for the happy selected :-)
This internship post would fit best for students in communication & journalism, but is kept open to any self-learning profile.
We are looking for the following skills :
- a good level of English (incl. writing skills). A Belgian national language would be great (but not mandatory)
- Be part of the social media scene with a clear vision of social media trends
- have basic IT skills (you are not afriad with graphic design, video editing and so forth)
But most of all :
- be a learner, be curious, try things, start again..
- be fast-paced
We like (very much) unconventional profiles, serious & dedicated, but off-track. "Top of the class mentality" will not be a good match with us, neither "cool dude" one. Pragmatism & result oriented are qualities we like - we don't care about your GPA.
- valuable experience if being an entrepreneur is part of your professional objectives
- a demanding environment where you can experiment
- personal metrics that show your impact (we'll certify this on your internship report)
- an expanded vision of the world (Finance, Europe & Africa) that will probably make you consider life differently
- possibly... a job at the end with us, or with our numerous partners if you managed to show the warrior inside you (& yep we have track records proving we are serious on that).
- experienced mentorship (top notch)
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textVALKUREN Internship1920 Wezembeek OpemThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textWowLab Internship1040 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textproUnity Internship1150 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textWowLab Internship1040 EtterbeekThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textUbiz Acceleration Internship1050 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textZN Consulting Internship1050 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time