Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
APPLiA represents the common interests of home appliance manufacturers in Europe. The Association has 21 Direct Members and National Associations covering 27 countries. It promotes the industry's mission to increase appliance performance while reducing its impact on the environment. It plays an active role in the fields of energy efficiency, ecodesign, energy labelling, e-waste, resource management, smart living, trade, safety andstandardisation.
We are looking for a self-starter who is motivated to gain experience in communication within the European policy context. He/she is a good communicator with a positive attitude, a strong sense of teamwork and can adjust easily to the quickly developing field. This is a position suitable for a recent graduate or someone who has already completed an internship in communications, public relations or journalism.
- Working with external consultants and agencies;
- Support in creating and developing an internal files repository;
- Support in developing the association’s brand communication strategy;
- Support in transforming often technical and complex content into (audio)visual and
- well-written digital content;
- Support in communication planning and helping to set innovative campaigns with a
- great impact;
- Helping with the content creation for APPLiA’s public and member websites;
- Previous experience or knowledge of the EU institutions and the way they function is an asset.
- Relevant Bachelor or Master’s Degree: Communications or Media preferred
- Good level of general computer literacy: Google Docs, MS Office and presentations;
- Knowledge and interest in new media trends;
- Good analytical skills and an ability to assimilate the various aspects of an issue rapidly;
- Additional trainings or experience in audiovisual storytelling (creating images/infographics/videos) would be considered an asset;
- Out-of-the-box creative thinking and willingness to learn;
- Flexible and organised;
- Ability to manage relationships with colleagues and members constructively, diplomatically and with discretion;
- Willingness to create meaningful and impactful communication.
- Fluent English (both spoken and written);
- Other major European languages considered an asset.
In order to be considered, each candidate is requested to produce a short text or a creative presentation on how home appliances can advance sustainable lifestyles.
- 6-months remunerated internship;
- The opportunity to gain experience in communications within an innovative industrial
- sector and a multinational, dynamic association;
- On-the-job training;
- A motivating, multilingual and multicultural working environment;
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textAgence pour le Non-Marchand Internship1170 Watermael BoitsfortThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Master Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textCCIEU Internship1000 brusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
- English: excellent