Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
FinTech Belgium asbl
Communication Trainee Manager
FinTech Belgium, the grassroot non-profit organisation BY and FOR fintechs active in Belgium with the sole purpose to see a new digital financial world thrive thanks to innovation. Since 2014, FinTech Belgium gathers a very dynamic community to discuss disruptive models and support the development of new technologies for the finance industry.
Our independent and non-profit organisation’s main missions are to
PROMOTE - actively and tangibly promote
the FinTech sector in BE and BE FinTechs abroad
DIALOGUE – we are the SPOC for our industry towards the regulators and other parties
SHARE – we make the magic happen by sharing information, experience and knowledge within and out of our community
Our very small team organises between 10 and 20 events / year amongst which our annual Digital Finance Summit (fintechsummit.be)
Are you dreaming of fully taking care of the communication of a dynamic non-profit association supporting start-ups involved in the digitalization of finance? From copywriting, researching the web, gathering information, negotiating media partnerships, updating the communication plan to rolling out the plan through mailings and social media? Fintech Belgium has got the internship you need!
Overview of Internship duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Create, manage, keep up to date and roll out the communication plan
• Promote FTBE events on social media and through mailings
• Copywriting, editing and proofing material related to event promotion and newsletter content (relatively short, enticing and engaging style for mailings (3 paragraphs max.), newsletters, social media)
• Manage Social media community (following / interacting / sharing with members and partners)
• Research the web to learn about our industry in order to be able to create texts
• Gather content from our partners and members, making sure the format is correct
• Take care of the creation of our new Website
• Negotiate media partnerships with external events to be shared with our Community
MARKETING MANAGEMENT (OPTIONAL)
If interested and time for it…
• Analysis of figures and available data to improve the existing tools (website, database/mailings, etc)
• Research ideas for additional communication activities and execute chosen opportunities
• Assist the team in research, business development, sales, …
EVENT MANAGEMENT (OPTIONAL)
If interested and time for it…
• Assist in the research, planning, coordination and implementation of the yearly summit.
• Assist on the D-Day management of FTBE events
• Fluent in English
• Exceptional written communication skills
• Organised with an entrepreneurial spirit / independent
• Ideal commitment of min. 12 weeks
• Creative problem solver
• Must have a great positive attitude and a desire to learn
• Have an interest in finance / tech / new trends / startup word
As an intern, you will be fully in charge of the communication management for our NGO, you will report directly to the General manager and the events manager.
The goal is for the intern to learn the various aspects of communication management and to be mentored on the creation, the planning and the roll-out of all messages to be shared with our community. In addition, the intern will have the opportunity to see how a small NGO works to organise events, such as conferences and trainings.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textSpark Impact coaching Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textIMPACT VALLEY Internship1050 IxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textWILLOW THRIVE Internship1160 AUDERGHEMThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textClick & Rush Internship1090 ForestThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textBulkBar Internship1040 EtterbeekThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textLEAD Belgium Internship1040 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: excellent