Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Our mission is to provide a network of support, evidence-based information and resources for the English-speaking families affected by Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD) and related conditions in Belgium, as well as for their teachers and other professionals who work with them. By doing this, we hope that we can spread awareness about AD'HD and the related conditions that often coexist with it, such as Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia, Asperger's Syndrome (AS), etc. so that the children and adolescents who suffer from this chronic condition will have the opportunity to achieve to their full potential at school and live balanced and productive lives as adults.
Our team at ADHD, ASC & LD Belgium (AFRB) is looking for an intern to join our small team by contributing their time, background, skills and initiative.
Placement hours: Between 10 and 15h/week, flexible schedules at least 2-3 days/week (including board meetings: twice a month) + weekend events (once a month)
Tasks (to be adjusted to the intern’s background):
- Advertise the ASBL and the events on the social media
- Promote the organisation: videos, photos, campaigns, etc.
- Generate flyers, brochures, signs, certificates, posters, etc for events
- Prepare all the materials, handouts, copies, power point presentations, etc.
- Assist the communications officer (writing articles and interviews; editing the newsletter; updating the website; updating the databases, etc.)
- Assist the volunteers' coordinator (booking venues/catering, etc)
- Assist the vice-president (fundraising; looking for sponsors)
- Propose innovative ideas to improve our services and event management
- Assist and help the team in all the events
Studying or holding a Bachelors degree in Communications/Public Relations/Graphic Design/ Journalism AND Interest in Special Needs and non-profit organisations
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English (other European languages are a plus)
- Good IT skills (MS Office, Google apps, Ms Publisher -or equivalent-, Mailchimp)
- Commitment, punctuality, team working, dynamism and motivation
- Annual membership: free of charges
- Free access to all workshops, conferences, events
- Work experience in English and other languages in an international organisation
- Assistance to board meetings, understand the work of a non-profit organisation
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textGroupe One Internship1050 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textGroupe One Internship1050 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textASBLissimo Internship1170 Watermael-BoitsfortThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textFondation Be Planet Internship1050 BrusselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textUNCDF Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textUp! Asbl Internship1050 IxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: excellent