Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Young Water Solutions
Young Water Solutions is a youthful and vibrant organization based in Brussels and created in 2015 that empowers young people in low and middle-income countries to lead the solution to water issues in their communities, through the provision of technical and financial support. After successful implementation of a series of youth-led field projects across Africa and Asia, Young Water Solutions launched in 2017 its flagship program, the Young Water Fellowship, which offers training, mentorship and seed funding to young people with project ideas that can contribute to the solution of local water, sanitation or other water management issues. There are multiple editions of the Fellowship underway including editions in East Africa, Ivory Coast, Senegal and Latin America.
We are looking for an intern to help with communication tasks. This is an opportunity for a student interested in a career in international development or environmental organizations. Please note that this position is unpaid. The position is open from November 2019 for 4 months. The intern is expected to dedicate 10 hours a week to the role, primarily based at our office in Ixelles with the opportunity to work from home on occasion. We will be very happy to discuss this during an interview. Working hours will be defined based on an agreement between Young Water Solutions and the intern. Based on performance, the intern may gradually acquire more responsibilities.
Note: For those looking for internship opportunities as part of their studies programme, Young Water Solutions is open to receive applications specifying the internship period and duration, the time dedication and any additional school’s requirements. The applications will be assessed based on the candidate’s profile (CV and cover letter) and the match between the imposed internship requirements and Young Water Solutions’ needs.
The intern will:
- Manage Young Water Solutions’ social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn),
- Design communications materials related to the Young Water Fellowship Program to use in social media,
- Design Young Water Solutions’ reports and other external communication materials (flyers, postcards, etc.),
- Come up with creative ideas and plan a digital awareness-raising campaign to encourage young people to become water entrepreneurs,
- Support the general online outreach of the YWF calls for applications (update of the database, dissemination, etc.).
- Edit videos using already recorded interviews of young/senior entrepreneurs (for candidates with video editing skills)
- Edit and update the website (www.youngwatersolutions.org).
Knowledge and skills
- Fluency in English (writing & speaking),
- Writing and presentational skills,
- Experience in management of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn),
- Graphic design skills. Ideally knowledgeable about Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel Draw or other design software (desirable but not mandatory)
- Website editing and updating skills, WordPress in particular,
- Video editing (desirable but not mandatory)
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish (desirable)
- Strong interest in sustainability, water and/or development.
- Self-motivated, outcome-oriented, team player,
- Able to set own priorities and deliver within agreed timescales,
- Proactive, creative, flexible, hands-on personality,
- Able to work autonomously.
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the communications’ strategy of a small organization but with high impact in the water sector,
- Interaction with different recognized national and international organizations related to sustainability/water/development,
- Valuable experience for future career development in Communications within NGOs or any small to midsize organizations,
- Possibility to attend workshops or events related to development/environment/water,
- Transport costs within Brussels to and from the workplace will be reimbursed,
- Letter of reference and evaluation grid at the end of a successful internship.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textArno Editions Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textCCIEU Internship1000 brusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textINASTI Internship1000 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
2017-02-01=job.status_textWhinsprattack International Internship1080 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: excellent