Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Open Knowledge Belgium
Communications intern @ Open Knowledge Belgium
Open Knowledge Belgium (non-profit/vzw/asbl), as local chapter of Open Knowledge International, is an umbrella organization for various open knowledge and open data initiatives in Belgium. We strive for a world in which knowledge creates power for the many, not the few and proactively promote openness through projects and events, to the general public as well as to experts in the field.
As grassroots organization we consist of people, mainly volunteers, passionate about openness, using advocacy, research, technology and projects to unlock information, enabling people to use and share knowledge.
As communications intern, you will be working closely together with the Event & Community Coordinator who's:
Managing the volunteers of Open Knowledge Belgium and its working groups, as well as being the point of contact regarding questions
Also managing the online channels of the organisation and helping working group representatives to manage theirs as well. Combined we have over 7500 followers on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
Organizing the Open Belgium conference with 300+ participants spread over 2 days
Coordinating HackYourFuture Belgium
In charge of the organisation of Open Summer of Code
Responsible for further development of the network behind Civic Labs Belgium
As Communications Intern, you:
- want to learn more about communication and event management in a non-profit organization
- Have ideas on how to facilitate and engage a community of passionate people both online and offline
- Have a grasp of how to use social media and digital tools can help to engage new people
- Are able to or want to learn to plan, keep deadlines and manage communications plans and strategies.
- Are not afraid to take decisions which concern various stakeholders
- Like to work both autonomously and within teams
- Can effectively communicate written and verbally to the general public
- Communicate fluently, both written and verbally in French or Dutch and English
We can offer you:
- A great opportunity to learn about open knowledge and open data
- Stimulating environment which will encourage you to acquire new skills
- Flexible working hours
- Compensation for commuting via public transport
- Three open-minded and very motivated colleagues who want to make a difference
- You’ll be working in a leading tech environment with international partners
- Desk in our office at BeCentral, the vibrant digital campus at Brussels Central Station
- Working with dedicated hardworking volunteers
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textDigitYser Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textHommedemetier.be Internship1060 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime:
=job.status_textHommedemetier.be Internship1060 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textGymlib Internship1050 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- French: good
- English: good
- Dutch: basic