Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Open Knowledge Belgium
Communications intern @ Open Knowledge Belgium
Open Knowledge Belgium (non-profit/vzw/asbl), as local chapter of Open Knowledge International, is an umbrella organization for various open knowledge and open data initiatives in Belgium. We strive for a world in which knowledge creates power for the many, not the few and proactively promote openness through projects and events, to the general public as well as to experts in the field.
As grassroots organization we consist of people, mainly volunteers, passionate about openness, using advocacy, research, technology and projects to unlock information, enabling people to use and share knowledge.
As Open Knowledge Belgium’s communication intern, you will primarily work on communicating around HackYourFuture Belgium (https://hackyourfuture.be), our web development school for refugees and migrants, and the bootcamp we’re developing for its graduates. You will work closely with the coordinator and educational director to:
- Develop a recruitment strategy for both HYF and the bootcamp
- Think about compelling additions to our offer to partners and sponsors, and how we can provide them with more exposure
- Communicate about the weekly going-ons of both HYF and the Bootcamp
- Devise a clear and effective plan for future communication, identify which platforms are most successful, and help us better reach our target audience.
As our communications intern, you:
- Like to work both autonomously and within teams
- Have ideas on how to facilitate and engage a community of passionate people both online and offline
- Have a grasp on how social media and digital tools can help to engage new people
- Are able to or want to learn to plan, keep deadlines and manage communications plans and strategies
- Are not afraid to take decisions which concern various stakeholders
- Can effectively communicate written and verbally to the general public
- Communicate fluently, both written and verbally in English
- Have a keen interest to work with migrants and refugees trying to integrate in the Belgian labour market
- A stimulating environment which will encourage you to acquire new skills and explore new interests
- A great opportunity to learn about open knowledge, open source and open education
- The time and resources necessary to improve your skills
- Flexible working hours
- Reimbursement for commuting via public transport
- Four open-minded and very motivated colleagues who want to make a difference
- A leading tech environment with international partners
- Desk in our office at BeCentral, the vibrant digital campus at Brussels Central Station
- Interaction with dedicated hardworking volunteers
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textDaiokan Internship1190 VorstThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textBrickbook Internship1080 BrusselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textBobex.com NV/SA Internship1080 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textOneBonsai Internship1930 ZaventemThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textOpen Knowledge Belgium Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textDigitYser Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: good