Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Open Knowledge Belgium
Communications intern @ Open Knowledge Belgium
Open Knowledge Belgium (non-profit/vzw/asbl), as local chapter of Open Knowledge International, is an umbrella organization for various open knowledge and open data initiatives in Belgium. We strive for a world in which knowledge creates power for the many, not the few and proactively promote openness through projects and events, to the general public as well as to experts in the field.
As grassroots organization we consist of people, mainly volunteers, passionate about openness, using advocacy, research, technology and projects to unlock information, enabling people to use and share knowledge.
As Open Knowledge Belgium’s communications intern, you will:
- Help manage the online channels of the organisation. Combined we have over 8000 followers on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Devise a clear communication strategy for us to communicate about our initiatives
- Will work with a designer on our new & improved brand identity, to help convey our message, values, projects and organisational structure
- Research new avenues of communication for Open Knowledge Belgium and whether or not they’d be effective for us (such as Instagram, a newsletter, and blog)
- Work closely with our Event & Community Coordinator, who will help you realise your ideas
- Help us further develop Civic Lab, our bi-weekly meetup about Civic Tech & open source
As our communications intern, you:
- Like to work both autonomously and within teams
- Have ideas on how to facilitate and engage a community of passionate people both online and offline
- Have a grasp on how social media and digital tools can help to engage new people
- Are able to or want to learn to plan, keep deadlines and manage communications plans and strategies
- Are not afraid to take decisions which concern various stakeholders
- Can effectively communicate written and verbally to the general public
- Communicate fluently, both written and verbally in English
- Resonate with our mission to have a world where knowledge creates power for the many, not the few
- A great opportunity to learn about open knowledge, open source and open data
- A stimulating environment which will encourage you to acquire new skills
- The time and resources necessary to improve your skills and explore new interests
- Flexible working hours
- Reimbursement for commuting via public transport
- Four open-minded and very motivated colleagues who want to make a difference
- A leading tech environment with international partners
- Desk in our office at BeCentral, the vibrant digital campus at Brussels Central Station
- Interaction with dedicated hardworking volunteers
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textDaiokan Internship1190 VorstThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
=job.status_textBrickbook Internship1080 BrusselThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textBobex.com NV/SA Internship1080 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textOneBonsai Internship1930 ZaventemThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textOpen Knowledge Belgium Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textDigitYser Internship1000 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: good