Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Motion Picture Association
We are the international voice of the Motion Picture Association of America. We aspire to advance the business and art of filmmaking and celebrate its enjoyment through our regional office in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
The European and US entertainment industries have a common goal: promoting and protecting the creative sectors, the talent that is at their core and the millions of jobs they support. The EMEA office of the MPA is based in Brussels, Belgium and was opened in 1995.
Our principal activities include: work on legislative and regulatory issues at European and national levels; development and implementation of content protection strategies; and collaboration with other rights holder groups to promote intellectual property rights and the interest of the audiovisual sector.
More information is available on our website at www.mpaeurope.org
Stage Outline and Function
The MPA EMEA communications department is offering a full-time internship at its offices in Brussels for the duration of six months. The intern will receive a financial compensation. The selected candidate will support the Communications Director in implementing the EMEA communications strategy that is to enhance the MPA’s advocacy and content protection efforts by shaping the public perception of the film and TV industry by emphasizing the industry’s innovative edge, economic impact, leadership and shared accountability in the internet ecosystem.
Specific Activities and Deliverables
- Set up and effectively manage the process of using specific events and resources to highlight that our industry is pro-innovation, pro-consumer and well established across the EU.
- Support the Communications Director in developing visually appealing communications materials such as factsheets with infographics to be used in communications activities.
- Support the Communications Director in effectively informing senior-level staff speaking engagements, public appearances and proactive engagements with the media where appropriate.
- Assist in the various MPA Europe online and social media activities.
- Support the Communications Director in working together and liaising with the Legal Department.
- Keeping track of activities as per the communications strategy and monitor media on relevant actions.
- Draft, edit and circulate weekly communications updates as well as a monthly report and tracker of activities.
- Participate in relevant expert group meetings to gain knowledge of key topical issues and proactively address specific communication needs.
- Customer driven work ethic
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Motivated and passionate team-player
- Ability to handle high-stress situations and work to deadlines
- Adaptable and flexible to a fast-paced industry
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related disciplines background / studies
- Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications with strong writing and editorial abilities
- Working knowledge of social media best practices and familiarity with social media platforms
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite and CMS most notably Wordpress, media monitoring software and other public relations tools
- Fluent command of spoken and written English; other EU languages desirable
The MPA EMEA communications department is offering a full-time internship at its offices in Brussels for the duration of six months. The intern will receive a financial compensation.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textTutela Capital /Pascal Polar/&Artvox-Artexpo pôle informatique Internship1060 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textGalerie Pascal Polar/ Artvox-Artexpo/everyman production Internship1060 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Part Time
- English: excellent