Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Liberation Route Europe Foundation
Communications Trainee - Liberation Route Europe Foundation
Vacancy – Communications Trainee
Liberation Route Europe Foundation
Starting date: November 2019
Deadline to apply: open deadline, but preferably before October 15th 2019.
ABOUT THE LIBERATION ROUTE EUROPE FOUNDATION
Liberation Route Europe is a continuously growing, international remembrance trail that connects important milestones from modern European history. It forms a link between the main regions impacted by the liberation of Europe in 1944-1945, from England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Germany, Poland and Czech Republic, as well as Italy. It is a unique project which combines historical content development with a multi-perspective approach, remembrance tourism activities and memory transmission tools at an international level.
The project is developed by the Liberation Route Europe Foundation which works with local/regional/national governments, universities, museums, tourism organizations, veterans associations, commemorative events organizers etc. One of the Foundations major projects is de development of a large-scaled international awareness campaign to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the end of the war (2019-2020), called ‘Europe Remembers’.
More information: www.liberationroute.com and www.europeremembers.com
The Foundation has two offices: in the Netherlands (Utrecht) as well as in Belgium (Brussels).
SCOPE AND TASKS
Under the supervision of the Communication team members, the trainee will be supporting the LRE’s work on various topics and fields:
- Management and development of the Europe Remembers online platform;
- Development of content for the LRE communication tools (newsletter, magazine, website etc.);
- LRE community and social media management;
- Organization of events e.g. conferences, product launches, travel fair participation, presentations, meetings etc. from small to large scale;
- Press network development in Belgium and internationally;
- Organization of press trips and press conferences;
- Drafting and publishing of press releases;
- Press review and online monitoring;
- Updating press and communication kits;
- Development of PR strategy and implementation for LRE campaigns.
Depending on the trainee’s profile and competences, he/she will also be able to participate in other projects.
We are looking for a trainee with:
- A relevant ongoing education in communication, marketing, journalism or any relevant field to this traineeship description;
- Excellent command of English (both written and oral). Knowledge of French, Dutch, German, Polish, Czech or Italian languages is an advantage;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Proactive, team player and good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to approach work from a creative and innovative standpoint;
- Flexible work attitude;
- Online oriented;
- Self-starter and autonomous in his/her work;
- Able to respect deadlines and tight timing with critical attention to detail.
We offer a position of full-time trainee, in a dynamic and collaborative working environment and exposure to high quality projects, for a period between 3 and 6 months, to start in November of 2019. The place of work is Brussels (one of the two offices of the Liberation Route Europe Foundation).
If you are interested in the position, please address your cover letter to Mr. Rémi Praud and send it along with your CV in one PDF to Ms. Sarah Wiedenmann, with the following email object: Communications Traineeship.
Please note that applications without cover letter won't be taken into consideration.
For more information, visit our website: www.liberationroute.com and https://b2b.liberationroute.com/.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
2016-07-11=job.status_textWonderbox Internship1200 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: Master Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textArtvox-edition communication event /Pascal Polar/ /Tutela Capital/ YouAreHERE Event/Immoliv Internship1060 BruxellesThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textUniversCiné Belgium Internship1160 AUDERGHEMThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
2016-12-01=job.status_textAtelier Sommarti Internship1030 BrusselsThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: excellent