Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Women Political Leaders Global Forum
Community and Office Coordinator
The Women Political Leaders Global Forum (WPL) is the global network of female politicians. The mission of WPL is to increase both the number and the influence of women in political leadership positions.
WPL members are women in political office – Ministers, Members of Parliaments, Mayors. Membership is free and members are honoured by their participation.
WPL strives in all its activities to demonstrate the impact of more women in political leadership, for the global better. To accelerate, women need three things: communication, connection, community. At WPL, optimising the power of communication and connection builds new communities of knowledge for women political leaders everywhere. WPL believes that progress happens by convening women political leaders who have the drive and the influence to create positive change.
Different communities function under the umbrella of WPL: Women in Parliaments (WIP), Women European Leaders (WEL), Women Government Leaders (WGL) and Women Mayors International (WMI).
WPL is an independent, international, post-partisan and not-for-profit foundation based in Reykjavik, Iceland (the world champion of gender equality). Silvana Koch-Mehrin is the Founder and President of the WPL Foundation
The Women Political Leaders Global Forum (WPL) is the global network of female politicians. Its mission is to increase the number and influence of political leaders.
We are looking for a Community and Office Coordinator to oversee administration duties, office procedures and logistical engagement with different community members. The main role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, with organizational effectiveness and clear communications.
The responsibilities for the Community and Office Coordinator can include:
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware and travel arrangements)
- Liaise with cleaning services
- Focal point for the coordination of:
- Plan in-house or off-site activities
- Scheduling meetings and appointments
WPL Community Support:
- Administrative support the Chair of the WPL Executive Board in handling relations with the Board
- Administrative support with the President in handling relations with the Advisory Board.
- Administrative/Logistical support for the Programme Director and Programme Manager for WPL events.
- Database research and maintenance.
- Provide general logistical information for WPL community members.
- Has the ability, and ideally experience, to handle communications which can involve a degree of protocol.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English. French is an asset and other languages are valuable.
- Is comfortable working on tight deadlines.
- Is organised.
- Good team player.
- Previous work in the hospitality industry is an asset.
- Will work full-time for six months, renewable for a second six months.
- Can start immediately.
If interested please send an email with your CV by the 13th of August, 2018.
In the subject line please include: Community and Office Coordinator Vacancy
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent
- French: basic