Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
Contemporary Art Intern
Phillips is the destination for international collectors to buy and sell the world’s most important contemporary works of art. By focusing specifically on the defining aesthetic movements of the last century, we’ve set ourselves apart as the most dynamic and forward-thinking auction house. Our considered approach and specialized knowledge lead clients to seek our guidance on contemporary collecting trends. This finely-honed expertise is evident in all aspects of our business, from the caliber and quality of our sale catalogues, events and exhibitions, to a superior level of individualized client service.
Headquartered in New York and London, with offices throughout the world, Phillips conducts sales in a select number of categories: 20th Century & Contemporary Art, Photographs, Editions, Design, Jewelry and Watches. Additionally, our core art business includes special exhibitions, private sales, advising private estates and corporate clients, museum services, and consulting.
The intern will assist in carrying out a range of tasks that support successful delivery of sales administration to help the intern to gain experience that contributes to their own professional development.
The intern will be involved with a variety of different tasks including:
- Helping to set up exhibitions and sales
- Ad-hoc projects
- Passion for contemporary art
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of people including superior written and spoken communication.
- Ability to work individually on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with all other areas within the business.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and responsibly. The intern will need to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement at the start of the internship.
- Ability to learn Phillips’ internal programs, systems and software.
Phillips offers an exciting internship in one of the world's top auction houses at the cutting edge of the arts industry.
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
=job.status_textOi mundo Internship2000 AntwerpenThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
=job.status_textHakuna Academy Internship2000 AntwerpenThis job has multiple locationsStudy level: All study levels Regime: Full Time
- English: good
- Dutch: good
- French: good