Many students are reluctant to the idea of an internship. A lot of them have the wrong idea of what working as an intern is like. First of all, get rid of the stereotype of the student whose tasks ...
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with more than 50,000 employees and serves more than 2 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Cluster North West core team is initiating a significant push into data analytics in order to better understand customer behavior, characteristics, geographical distribution, consumption patterns and trends, etc in order to support and inform our cluster sales and marketing strategy, market and competitive analysis.
To support this initiative we are seeking one resource to assist with the business requirements gathering, problem framing, data identification, and analysis work associated with this initiative.
Your main responsibilities will be to :
- Conduct data / statistical analyses and designs moderately complex algorithms.
- Work with Digital Officer and key business stakeholders to understand the business requirements and the expected outcomes.
- Model and frames business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical business processes and/or decisions.
- Identify what data is available and relevant to the expected outcomes, including internal and external data sources, including for example
- SAP ERP data
- Relational databases
- Excel and Google Drive spreadsheets
- Google Analytics output
- Geo-location data
- ‘Flat files’ (CSV, etc)
- Social media.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and BIS staff to select the relevant sources of information.
- Work with IT teams to support data collection, integration, and retention requirements based on the input collected with the business.
- Work with Digital Officer and Stakeholders to solve identified analytics problems and documents results.
- Work in iterative processes within IT and validates findings; validates analysis by comparing appropriate samples.
- Recommend ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information.
- Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of decision systems and statistical models.
- Identify and apply the appropriate algorithm to discover patterns. (Nice to have.)
- Degree in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field.
- Experience in the use of statistical packages, especially Tableau Software.
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of one or more business/functional areas. (Nice to have.)
Articles you may want to read
Internship or no internship? That is the question
Participate to the scholarship programme "A Closer Europe" !
GoEuro, the online travel platform which compares and combines air, rail and bus travel, has this month launched their “A Closer Europe” scholarship programme.
- English: excellent
- French: excellent